Week 5 GDT

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I guess you and the refs are the only people who agree with the bolded seeing as how every other person who reacted to the call in this thread and Mike Pereira all disagreed with you. Hell Troy Aikman doesn't even think it was a forcible blow and he is a freaking Cowboy legend.

If that was a forcible blow to you, it is time for the NFL to start taking the pads off and just go full on flag football cause a real helmet to helmet hit would probably kill someone.

I agree with you. 100%. With that said, that flag is getting called almost 90% of the time. You simply can not touch a QB’s head anymore. Right or wrong, that’s how it is. 

5 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

I agree with you. 100%. With that said, that flag is getting called almost 90% of the time. You simply can not touch a QB’s head anymore. Right or wrong, that’s how it is. 

This isn't true at all. Z Smith had a far more egregious hand to helmet earlier in the game. It also shouldn't have been a penalty (and wasn't called). Rodgers takes probably an easy half dozen contacts like the Gary one every week and never gets called.

It was an awful call regardless of if it gets awfully called occasionally elsewhere, too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This isn't true at all. Z Smith had a far more egregious hand to helmet earlier in the game. It also shouldn't have been a penalty (and wasn't called). Rodgers takes probably an easy half dozen contacts like the Gary one every week and never gets called.

It was an awful call regardless of if it gets awfully called occasionally elsewhere, too.

Whatever you say man. 

I think we fans have to stop buying NFL merchandise or something until they fix the refs.

Are you kidding me with that stiff arm getting called a facemask?

If you want to change the stiff arm rule fine... but don't change it without telling anyone.

I just saw a clip of Infamous Jameis shoving Cam Joran’s head into the ground as he tried to get up after making the sack.

Jordan folded his arms and didn’t retaliate, but I’m sure he’s gonna remember that one.

• Like 2