Wisconsin Badgers Thread | Fick got the Axe back

beekay414

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Michigan used to. I just assumed that’s the level you want Wisconsin at in terms of respect.

I mean more this season than anything. Beating powerhouse schools consistently makes you a power house, and I don't think we'll ever quite be there. We can definitely be a notch below the power houses, so a team that can be nationally relevant every few seasons once their talent has developed, we're arguably already there or close. Won't be a Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, etc. in the foreseeable future though.

I kind of agree we don't deserve that much "respect" unless we beat OSU, but I can already tell it won't make much of a difference to those who have made their mind up as they will just downplay OSU, point to the Iowa game.

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Michigan used to. I just assumed that’s the level you want Wisconsin at in terms of respect.

The only teams at that level are Clemson and Bama. We aren't ever going to get to that point.

I'd like us to get to a point where we are recruiting at a top 20/25 type level year in and year out and can muster 2 or 3 seasons like this one every 10 years. Our 2019 class looks potentially special, so hopefully that's indicative that the recruiting has gone up a notch. And next year's team should be better than this one unless we have a ton of guys leave early for the NFL draft, so we could definitely have a few years to build some momentum.

We'll have to keep Chryst to make this happen, so I'm assuming priority number 1 for Barry Alvarez is to lock him to a massive contract extension this offseason. 

On 11/17/2017 at 9:48 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd assume you went and got Babcock hall ice cream and ian's pizza and stuff like that. Kind of the standard touristy spots.

Madison is an awesome food town tbh. More corporate than it was 8 years ago, but still top notch, so @ me if you need a recommendation.

I ended up just doing a bunch of standard college kid stuff like going to Kollege Klub because yeah, so didn't really get the chance to hit the good stuff out there.

Ended up snagging a student ticket last minute to go. Aside from almost dying while trying to get to our section because of how poorly it was being handled, it was awesome. And aside from that whole on-field thing too. Got hit with some interesting hecklers too, but people were pretty cool for the most part.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2017 at 7:32 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

I ended up just doing a bunch of standard college kid stuff like going to Kollege Klub because yeah, so didn't really get the chance to hit the good stuff out there.

Ended up snagging a student ticket last minute to go. Aside from almost dying while trying to get to our section because of how poorly it was being handled, it was awesome. And aside from that whole on-field thing too. Got hit with some interesting hecklers too, but people were pretty cool for the most part.

Glad to hear your experience was good.  

• Like 1