Patriots acquire Mohammed Sanu for 2nd Round pick

SteelKing728

Just now, goldfishwars said:

Insane we didnt pick him that year, ticked every box and went to Rutgers at a time when that's all you needed to get selected by the Pats.

If you listen to the way Bill spoke about him before the SB with ATL, it's clear he liked him then.

Whether it's the same now.....I guess the payout suggests so.

Who here wants to pit their wits against BB? B|

Sanu used to have a problem with drops, and then worked on it so much that he has some of (if not the) strongest hands in the NFL.  After the drops that have plagued an injured Edelman, Sanu's versatility, incredible hand strength, and just knack of picking up first downs, I can see why the Patriots targeted him after yesterday's game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

If it leads to another ring does it really matter?

Emmanuel Sanders is going for a 3rd though lol.

Sanders is less valuable then Sanu. Sanu is two and a half years younger. Sanu is also on contract through next season for relatively cheap while Sanders is a FA this off season. It’s not just who’s better. Lots of other factors. Sanders won’t get more then a 3rd. 

And can people stop saying the Sanu pick is basically a 3rd. It’s a late 2nd round pick. Just because it’s later in the 2nd round doesn’t make it a 3rd round pick. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

No doubt what they have done is impressive, but man I wish my team got a cake walk to a divisional title/first round bye basically every year.

Patriots had to win IN arrowhead last year....got damn.

edit: as for div title - every good team beats up on their div. Check what Rodgers, Wentz, Brees, Ben do...check what Manning used to do. It's what good teams do.

Edited by Hunter2_1

10 minutes ago, nayad said:

I'm curious who the Pats were bidding against. 

Sanu is still 3 years younger than Julian Edelman, once they get him eating avocados and himilayan salt he'll be a 25 year old prime Randy Moss. 

Hey Brady's avocado ice cream actually works.

Wait so people are saying "its the Pats so trust this move". They gave a 2nd round pick for a receiver in his 30's instead of getting oline help to protect their 42yr old QB. Why not blast the Pats for this move? Hahaha.

In all seriousness even the Pats know that draft picks can be overrated. They know they needed to give Brady some help right now. You are not going to trade for an OL guy because there is literally nobody of good to great status out on the market. The Rams tried to trade for Bitonio of the Browns but they said no. So like the Pats knew outside of kicker (which is another position that is hard to get because alot of teams need good kickers), and offensive line, they needed quality receivers. Sanu was available and short of the Patriots somehow getting an expensive Diggs or maybe trying to pry an injury prone lately Green from the Bengals they werent going to get anyone better. Sanu I really like because he is dependable and will go out there and do his job which is the Patriots motto "do your job" and "no days off". So I really like this move for the Patriots. Now the scary thing is in the playoffs the Patriots literally can have Sanu, Edelman, Gordon, Harry, and Dorsett at receiver to throw at teams with Michel, White, and Burkhead in the backfield. If Im the Pats they could now even use Harry, when he gets back, as their tight end like player. A team thats already looking dominant regardless of who they played on their schedule just got better. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Ok. So like I said, it's impressive but they had the division and a first round bye wrapped up before the 2018 season even started. Same as 2019, 2020...

I mean, this isn't untrue, but I don't think this would be true for any other team in the NFL (if they were swapped with the Patriots), honestly.