Patriots acquire Mohammed Sanu for 2nd Round pick

SteelKing728

58 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, because they're good. They would be good in ANY division. 

New England's record against eventual division winners (24-14) makes them the only team in the NFL with a winning record in this category. Against teams who eventually made the playoffs in a given season, the Patriots (60-33, .645) are the best in the league, with the Steelers at a not-so-close second with a .480 winning percentage. 

Their success against teams who finished with a winning record (75-45, .625) is also an NFL-best mark, with the Steelers trailing by a considerable margin at a .440 winning percentage. 

58 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Since 2001, best win % against each division:

NFCE - Patriots (.813)

NFCN - Patriots (.850)

NFCS - Patriots (.750)

NFCW - Patriots (.750)

AFCE - Patriots (.782)

AFCN - Patriots (.850)

AFCS - Patriots (.771)

AFCW - Packers (.813)

Obviously, no one is implying the Pats aren't/have been very good. That would be stupid to do so.

I pointed out the AFCE has been crap for a long time. That can be true with the Patriots also being good relative to the rest of the NFL. It's not confusing.

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

That's all a second rd pick is worth. A td or a "huge play in a playoff game". I'm just trying to understand here. Is that for all teams in playoffs or just the ones we think going to win a superbowl. 

One's i think will be in the mix to be the legitimate final 4 teams. A playoff team is overrated the older you get.

When I was young it's oh you get to the dance you have a chance. The older you get it's oh it was just the Giants in 2007- or 11 and Packers in 2010 to add to that impression. 

7 minutes ago, kramxel said:

About time the Pats overpaid for something!

Sanu is not worth a 2nd, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but he doesn't seem to be the same player.

Decent pickup, regardless.

That's where I am at too. A 2nd for a 30 year old WR who has never eclipsed 1,000 yards in his career is crazy. But the fact it's the Pats and they are bound to win another Super Bowl will make people be ok with it.

13 minutes ago, kramxel said:

About time the Pats overpaid for something!

Sanu is not worth a 2nd, maybe 2 or 3 years ago, but he doesn't seem to be the same player.

Decent pickup, regardless.

I like what @y2lamanaki said in the 49er forum. THis is basically just a 1000 IQ play by BB to set the market so high for a wide receiver for other super bowl hopeful teams (a number of which need a receiver in GB, SF, and NO) that they are unable to improve their team by the deadline lol 

• Like 2