Offensive Coordinator Search: 2021 Edition

Kiwibrown

21 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Vikings aren't going to be the downfall of this recent Gopher surge by hiring their coach either.

Oh boy could you imagine Minnesota sports fans if they stole PJ Fleck this year for OC and then the staff was completely fired at the end of the next season? 

on the other hand that seems to fit Minnesota Sports

• Like 2

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm not sure he wants to go to the NFL.  He's been a NFL assistant before, for one year.  And I've gathered, from him talking before, that wasn't a whole lot of fun for him.  He's a college guy, through and through.  

Totally agree with that.  

But with all this crying over Stafanski leaving, to me George Edwards is a lot more important and a lot more proven as a coach.  He was actually a surprise to be let go but maybe they just want a new voice in there and maybe Adam Zimmer will be that guy.  Will see, honestly though the HC Zimmer is the lead dog in that D and most know that, he has his hands all over it so not sure how much George actually did in terms of the scheme and even playcalling.  

Vikings assistant General Manager George Paton turned down three opportunities to interview with the Jets in previous seasons. He accepted the opportunity to talk with the Browns, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

Paton is close with new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski, who was the Vikings offensive coordinator.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/report-george-paton-agrees-to-interview-with-browns/

Head football coaches like to run the show. In Cleveland, the head football coach won’t be.

As explained by Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository, new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski showed during his interview a willingness to yield to certain expectations of part-time chief strategy office Paul DePodesta, including having someone from the analytics group wearing a headset and having access to the coaching staff on game days. Stefanski also agreed to owner Jimmy Haslam’s desire to engage in hours-long meetings with his head coach the day after games.

Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland added that the front office expects the head coach to “turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department by Friday, and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/kevin-stefanski-agreed-to-certain-specific-terms-that-limit-his-authority/

DUSTIN!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Head football coaches like to run the show. In Cleveland, the head football coach won’t be.

As explained by Steve Doerschuk of the Canton Repository, new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski showed during his interview a willingness to yield to certain expectations of part-time chief strategy office Paul DePodesta, including having someone from the analytics group wearing a headset and having access to the coaching staff on game days. Stefanski also agreed to owner Jimmy Haslam’s desire to engage in hours-long meetings with his head coach the day after games.

Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan in Cleveland added that the front office expects the head coach to “turn in game plans to the owner and analytics department by Friday, and to attend an end-of-week analytics meeting to discuss their plan.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/13/kevin-stefanski-agreed-to-certain-specific-terms-that-limit-his-authority/

DUSTIN!!!!

I hope it works out for Stefanski but this honestly sounds terrible for him. No wonder the Browns fire a head coach every year.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Do you guys think you're going to resign Anthony Harris?

we have a huge hole at SS and he’s the best one on the market 

It is hard to say. The Vikings do not currently have the cap space to sign him. There will be some hard decisions on who to let go and who to sign back. There is a good chance the Vikings simply will not be able to afford Harris. Personally, I would love him back but I likely wouldn't offer him enough given the needs the team has other places and money they have available. He would likely turn down my offer and go earn the most money he can -- as he should.

20 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

It is hard to say. The Vikings do not currently have the cap space to sign him. There will be some hard decisions on who to let go and who to sign back. There is a good chance the Vikings simply will not be able to afford Harris. Personally, I would love him back but I likely wouldn't offer him enough given the needs the team has other places and money they have available. He would likely turn down my offer and go earn the most money he can -- as he should.

Got you. I think we’ll sign him then if that’s the case we have a huge hold there

3 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Hopefully the next OC does a better at focusing the offense towards #14. Diggs doesn’t get nearly enough attention from this offense. 

And not running double moves, with an overmatched OL, against a great pass rush. 

• Like 1