Minor Niner News Twos: Electric Boogaloos

y2lamanaki

3 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Not sure about that but the injuries haven't helped either i would say. He has the physical gifts to be worth a shot but i wouldn't expect much.

Found it

But last year’s coaching staff and this year’s both might agree that Melifonwu’s biggest malady may be that he doesn’t love football. There were whispers that Melifonwu was “fragile” in the locker room last season, and that would be a big reason why Gruden would cut him when it wouldn’t cost anything to stash him on IR for another year. 

Just now, Forge said:

Found it

Not a good look. Worth it on a vet min to see what type of guy and player he is in the preseason but big chance he isn't on the roster opening week. Just a bigger name than the normal guys that get signed to a contract like this because of how great his combine numbers where.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, John232 said:

Yeah, I much prefer to keep the 4-3.I really don’t like the idea of putting Bosa in a stand-up role. He’s a beast so he can probably do it (and i know he won’t be standing up full time..) But I won’t freak out either way.

Bosa has also already said he feels more comfortable with his hand in the dirt. Not sure why you would put your best defensive player in a position they don't much care for

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Bosa has also already said he feels more comfortable with his hand in the dirt. Not sure why you would put your best defensive player in a position they don't much care for

Exactly. I do prefer the 3-4, but if you're built mostly for the 4-3 (which we are!) a switch will not make for good results. Bosa needs the 4-3 and the Wide 9 is pretty good for him, too.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Exactly. I do prefer the 3-4, but if you're built mostly for the 4-3 (which we are!) a switch will not make for good results. Bosa needs the 4-3 and the Wide 9 is pretty good for him, too.

Honestly the only guy i have any doubt about translating from 4-3 to 3-4 would be Bosa. Armstead, Kinlaw, Warner, Greenlaw all should have nearly no trouble with the transition. Besides that most defenses aren't as black and white as 4-3 and 3-4 because of how much time is spend in Nickle and dime situations and what are guys asked to do. I think Bosa would be fine in a base 3-4 as long as you ask him to do things he is comfortable with. So you have to have more of a Linebacker-type on the other side and let Bosa just do the thing he does best. 

The 3-4 or 4-3 talk really doesn't mean much to me anyways. Just pick the best coordinator for the job and go from there. All coordinators should be able to adjust to the personnel....or at least the good ones do. We will be in the nickel for majority of the snaps anyways. 

• Like 1

I'm still not convinced that Saleh takes LaFleur with him. Think he takes McDaniel with him, but either way good chance we lose both of these guys this offseason. Shanahan can no longer block these interviews or opportunities. 

Let's see who Shanahan has been grooming to take these two spots...Which you know he has been doing. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just saw that Reed played ZERO snaps on Sunday. Why? Who the hell knows. But I guess he isn't returning which sucks. Never even saw him on the field together with Kittle. Welp. 

The Ford/Bosa and Reed/Kittle combos just seem curse. Although we got more games out of Ford/Bosa together than Kittle/Reed.

18 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

This is what Ahkello is - very talented, but not consistent. He does this in spurts and gets us excited that he finally turned the corner, only to bottom out again. At the beginning of last season, I was ready to anoint him a starting CB for the next several years. Then he got hurt and lost his job to Moseley. I'd give Witherspoon a cheap contract to compete next year, but I have a hard time trusting him to be the man for a full season.