Garrett suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi out One game

zelbell

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If the NFL is smart, from a financial standpoint alone, they'll flex next week's game to Sunday Night Football.

They easily can spin this into the next great rivalry in the NFL

41 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

And bring in the National Guard.

We just need this to happen

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Judging by his banworthy comments earlier, it seems like he has a type.

Tayne's Russian bots are not programmed to see color.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Who wants to take bets on when TMZ finds the audio?

!

🙏

Edited by NudeTayne

It sounds like the reason people are having a hard time believing Myles is because he didn't say something right away.  The obvious thought being that he was looking for a way to excuse his behavior, and thus reduce his penalty.  He has openly talked about NOT wanting the discussions held at his meeting with the NFL to be made public.  He has also stated that his response (head smashing with helmet) was not appropriate, and not looking to excuse his behavior.  IMO this makes him even more believable.  In the meantime, Rudolph hides behind a statement given to a lawyer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It sounds like the reason people are having a hard time believing Myles is because he didn't say something right away.  The obvious thought being that he was looking for a way to excuse his behavior, and thus reduce his penalty.  He has openly talked about NOT wanting the discussions held at his meeting with the NFL to be made public.  He has also stated that his response (head smashing with helmet) was not appropriate, and not looking to excuse his behavior.  IMO this makes him even more believable.  In the meantime, Rudolph hides behind a statement given to a lawyer.

It’s an odd situation because from the outside looking in, it’s easy to see how someone could think he’s simply “playing the race card”.

That said, Myles has always come across as a smart guy and all reports are that he’s a thoughtful, great dude and this would be completely out of character for him, and a horrible misstep considering the time he had to plan his appeal.  

Who knows...

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Until Myles statement I really felt the same way as those who thought he was playing the race card, but now I'm just sad that it got leaked and his image has been further tarnished.  I jumped the gun and didn't realize that it was something that came up when he recounted the incident in confidence, but he doesn't feel that it in any way justified his actions.  I hope by continuing to try to take the high road and by being apologetic the NFL will eventually give a fair punishment.  If Mason did say that I couldn't expect any better way to handle it than Myles did (outside of not swinging the helmet in the first place, which was an very bad way to handle that).

To be clear it's not that I don't think people who would call another human being that word shouldn't be reprimanded and face consequences, it's just that ultimately it doesn't justify assault, and Myles doesn't think that either.  There were other actions Mason took that I think truly started the whole ordeal and those are all on tape.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, mistakey said:

I mean anyone can make up something like this so it doesn’t make the allegations any more credible (not that I’m doubting Garrett, but just saying). And the fact it’s on reddit makes it even less believable for me. 

The chances of us ever hearing audio are about the same as austen corbet becoming an all-pro.