Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

Brees is starting for NO. Game gotten taken off the board for me, luckily I locked them in at 3 a few days ago. Brees doesn't have the dynamism to compete in a shootout with KC. This isn't the same Drew Brees or New Orleans Saints.

I also took Buffalo at -6 at Denver. Obvious talent mismatch. Buffalo could wrap up the division, could be alet down game, but I'm ill take that chance 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I also took Buffalo at -6 at Denver. Obvious talent mismatch. Buffalo could wrap up the division, could be alet down game, but I'm ill take that chance 

This is an obvious trap game. Bills just had their biggest win in years last week on SNF and have a divisional matchup at the Patriots next week that will. Bills may win, but should be tighter than a TD.

22 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Can anybody offer me some insight on bears at vikes this weekend ?

The line went from vikes - 6.5 to vikes -3 and the ML is listed as 98 % of bettors taking the bears.
Just seems weird to me...

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/

Vikings play MUCH worse at home than on the road. Especially this year the game @ Chicago was easier for the Vikings than at home. They are coming off a loss though, so I do expect them to win but it should be pretty close and the Bear tend to make bad Kirk show up.

Edited by Nozizaki
No double post
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nozizaki said:

This is an obvious trap game. Bills just had their biggest win in years last week on SNF and have a divisional matchup at the Patriots next week that will. Bills may win, but should be tighter than a TD.

Broncos is my upset pick of the week. Their power running game will give Buffalo issues and their defense is good enough to make things interesting.

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Broncos is my upset pick of the week. Their power running game will give Buffalo issues and their defense is good enough to make things interesting.

On a normal roster, I'd feel you.   But DEN is down their top 3 CB's.    Teddy B just had an awful game last week, that's the only reason DEN won.    And CAR still scored 27 pts on the D, without CMC or DJ Moore, and subpar play from Teddy B (subpar for him). 

If you feel that strongly, DEN +6 seems a far better play.   I'm totally on BUF -6, though.     Our commitment to the run game only lasts while we're in the lead.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

On a normal roster, I'd feel you.   But DEN is down their top 3 CB's.    Teddy B just had an awful game last week, that's the only reason DEN won.    And CAR still scored 27 pts on the D, without CMC or DJ Moore, and subpar play from Teddy B (subpar for him). 

If you feel that strongly, DEN +6 seems a far better play.   I'm totally on BUF -6, though.     Our commitment to the run game only lasts while we're in the lead.

It does have the feel of the proverbial flat spot for Buffalo 

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Why must you sway me? I’m going to watch the DEN/CAR game tonight and hopefully cement my pick either way.

5 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Line has shifted all the way down to +5.

Heavy Bronco money?

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Brandin Cooks looking active on Sunday...are the IND -7 folks still on that?

Was looking hard at that line along with 9ers -3 and a few ML parlays

Those are my two favorite plays of the week

Cooks doesn't move the needle much for me. I am mainly betting on the colts offense to steamroll the Texans in the run game 

I have a hefty bet on niners -2 and plan on doubling it if both mostert and Fred Warner are active

Something to note, the niners are starting Justin skule at RG. He is a backup tackle who played ok last year at times in limited action but he has gotten destroyed this year when he played 

We also have donte Johnson, a bad, former 7th round pick who has been bounced around the league as our starting slot corner. He is normally a boundary corner. I will say that we may not play him there, but he has been the guy in that spot the last two weeks. It's possible we put FS Jimmie ward there

Cowboys should have some moderate success moving the ball in the air with 3 WRs sets 

I will reiterate, niners have a coaching advantage on both sides of the ball. Niners are going to have success running the ball from start to finish 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1