Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

On 12/15/2020 at 8:52 AM, Broncofan said:

Early thoughts on week 15: 

LAC +3.5 - won’t touch ML with Lynn as coach in single bets but love getting pts vs. LV D.   Anyone but Lynn as HC I’d take the ML. 

BUF -6 - Den O struggles badly vs. good pass D.   Allen vs.  our secondary should be ugly.   

NE +2.5 - matchup issues with all of MIA best players on O hurt.   And the one way you beat that D - elite power run game.    I know the MIA - NE Dec narrative but the injuries and run game matchup really turns this game on its head.  

SF -2.5 - another bad matchup on both sides of the ball.    Power run game and Ayiuk vs. DAL D.   On D they do just enough vs. Dalton & co.   Zeke hurting / less motivated (both?) definitely factors in.  

KC -4 - you give me less than 6 with Mahomes I’m hard pressed to pass that up.    NO O much easier to defend as Taysom film gives clear ways for D to confuse him.  

PHI +6 - Hurts is still limited but now that they are leaning on run game it shortens game.   Plus if there’s a D that knows to handle speed QB’s - PHI should be able to deal with a limited Kyler.    Not ready to call a PHI W but give me the 6 and a 1-score game I’ll take my chances it’s less than a TD gap.  

2 conditional games: 

TAM -6 - if Julio doesn’t play the ATL O struggles mightily.    I’ll wait to see how he does for Fri practice then jump in.  

IND -7 - if Cooks misses this game Watson has no speed weapons.   Plus Taylor has now been unleashed.   Would have been a 10+ pt W in Indy 2 weeks ago had they used Taylor over Wilkins and 70+ percent of touches.   If Cooks still out I’m all over this. 

Julio has been deemed week to week - I'm comfortable with TAM even at -6.5 with this news.   ATL O without Julio is abysmal.  I'm assuming the TAM ST guys all get cleared before Sun's game, FWIW.   

Edited by Broncofan

On 12/16/2020 at 11:18 AM, SimonGruber said:

Austin ekeler props anybody ? I’m always debating yards vs catches 

Probably can’t go wrong either way tbh, but I personally have a unit on O6.5 receptions since it’s +110. 

Since returning from injury, he has at least 9 targets in every game (average of 11+/game) and the only game where he didn’t hit the Over was the 45-0 loss to New England, who is notorious for eliminating the oppositions best weapon. 

In a game with no Mike Williams and a hobbled Keenan Allen at best (I expect him to play), I think Ekeler hitting that number is about as safe a bet as you’ll find at those odds.

9 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Probably can’t go wrong either way tbh, but I personally have a unit on O6.5 receptions since it’s +110. 

Since returning from injury, he has at least 9 targets in every game (average of 11+/game) and the only game where he didn’t hit the Over was the 45-0 loss to New England, who is notorious for eliminating the oppositions best weapon. 

In a game with no Mike Williams and a hobbled Keenan Allen at best (I expect him to play), I think Ekeler hitting that number is about as safe a bet as you’ll find at those odds.

Wrong thread reply, weird

Edited by Broncofan

11 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Can anybody offer me some insight on bears at vikes this weekend ?

The line went from vikes - 6.5 to vikes -3 and the ML is listed as 98 % of bettors taking the bears.
Just seems weird to me...

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/matchups/

i think the vikings would win, but its a game i would be iffy on

gun to my head, i pick the bears,  because i feel like its a tossup game and you get points

watching den/car game from last week in preparation for saturdays games. 

I really think Aaron jones is going to have a monster game against Carolina. Their LBs arent good at running sideline to sideline, and their DEs dont hold contain well. Denver ran a lot to the edges for good success. LeFleur is going to see that and I think they will do a much better job getting to the edge than denver did. I also like taking the over rushing yards for a team that is a 2 score favorite, it means they will have a lead and wont abandon the run. I also like that we are getting farther away from his calf injury. I am going to bang the over 61.5 rushing yards

I LOVE the colts -7 this week. I have ridden them the last few weeks and I love how they are rounding into form. They are a very complete team that is well coached. I love the way they control the LOS on both sides of the ball. Hou run D is bad. Their OL is weak on the interior. Those are two places the colts have strength. I know the colts barely squeaked out a win 2 weeks ago when they played, but they also could have been up by a lot more than they were. They are more physical and better coached. Rivers isnt making the same mistakes he was making earlier in the year, he is more comfortable. Ty hilton has re-emerged. Pittman is a viable target. Hines is good in his role. Overall, their offense will be too much for houston to handle and their interior DL will get enough pressure to make watson uncomfortable. I think this is a game that the colts will just continue to pound the run game from start to finish. Houston has one of the worst rush defenses in the league. At some point, houston is going to have to sit watson down imo. 

Johnathan taylor over 68.5 rushing yards feels like stealing money. I do worry that if he has a fumble early that they may pull him, but outside of that, I love him getting over that number. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Why do I get cute sometimes took Bryan Edwards over 12.5 receiving yards last night no Ruggs and Renfrow went out early he still got no run lol 

Carr got hurt.   That changed the pass game completely around.   You can't really take much from the LV side of things.    Sometimes ppl will make a bad call.   Other times unpredictable things happen.   This seems far more like the latter than the former.