Monday Night Ravens @ Rams

rocky_rams

Who wins?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ravens
    • Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2019 at 02:30 AM

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am in no way knocking him. Its probably his running ability that makes these shallow crossers so open. Its just unreal to me how much he makes it look easy.

I think this is something we can say for almost every QB, where the scheme works. Brady also makes a lot of "easy" completions, Goff may be the best example where he finds the open man, and Shanahan is an expert at scheming people open.

Wilson and Watson are probably the two where you can argue, that their ability to work outside the system and operate in chaos is what makes their completions seem more difficult. 

All of the top QB's however make throws into tight windows, so I don't think Lamar has it any easier in that regard.

Edit: And yeah, sry, it was to come down on you. Ravens fans are just used to hear a lot of Lamar commentary and knocking of his ability, so we are somewhat on edge all the time.

Edited by Danand

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

The 49ers defensive line is elite. When Lamar gets to the second level it’s Jimmie Ward, Fred Warner and?

Its a hell of a game on paper though.

We had some issues in spurts against Murray so that worries me here. The threat of Lamar running will make the DL hesitant, but our back end coverage is elite. Will have to keep Lamar off the field and get the run game going. 

Definitely going to be a good one. May be a bit low scoring to be honest, something like 20-17 or 24-20. I know it is crazy to think a team is holding this Ravens team to only 17-20 points, but it is going to be a grind and it's expected to rain on Sunday. 

Just now, tyler735 said:

I do like the idea of that storyline, but at the same time I'm so sick of seeing the Patriots make it that far. Kind of hoping the Ravens, Chiefs, or Texans makes it to the Super Bowl.

It’s a three team race right now in the AFC. Somehow the Chiefs have a victory over Baltimore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starless said:

I'd tentatively compare it to the WildCat game against Miami in 2008. They absolutely weren't ready for what they got hit with, but the second time they adjusted and totally shut down the Dolphins running game. 
Obviously the Ravens pose a greater challenge but I definitely think the next game, whenever it happens, will be a better performance by the Pats defense.

One is a gimmick the other is an MVP frontrunner. I don't like the Patriots odds figuring out Jackson. Brady better be ready for a shootout if they play again.

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

He’s carving people up and down. There is no other way to describe it.

It's the Vick factor.  Players on Defense are legit hesitating for a split second either looking in the backfield or anticipating,  Lamar taking off when he's not.

Difference between the two , Lamar is far more accurate in his second year then Mike was.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

I do like the idea of that storyline, but at the same time I'm so sick of seeing the Patriots make it that far. Kind of hoping the Ravens, Chiefs, or Texans makes it to the Super Bowl.

BOB will ensure that the Texans don't make it to the AFCCG.

I'd love to see a Ravens-49ers SB the way both are playing.  Obviously would prefer my Packers to go to the SB, but I am in pity mode.  

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

We had some issues in spurts against Murray so that worries me here. The threat of Lamar running will make the DL hesitant, but our back end coverage is elite. Will have to keep Lamar off the field and get the run game going. 

Definitely going to be a good one. May be a bit low scoring to be honest, something like 20-17 or 24-20. I know it is crazy to think a team is holding this Ravens team to only 17-20 points, but it is going to be a grind and it's expected to rain on Sunday. 

Lol the 49ers defense isn’t holding this team to under 28. The Cardinals offense is very similar to how the Ravens play. They protect better, have a better QB, and have a better RB. It’s an extremely difficult game for the 49ers offense. 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

I'd tentatively compare it to the WildCat game against Miami in 2008. They absolutely weren't ready for what they got hit with, but the second time they adjusted and totally shut down the Dolphins running game. 
Obviously the Ravens pose a greater challenge but I definitely think the next game, whenever it happens, will be a better performance by the Pats defense.

Eh...I mean, maybe, but I'm not sure that's a great comparison.

The Ravens offense didn't come out of nowhere. There were several games of film to go on. Sure it's different in person, but still. On the other hand, the wildcat game was an absolute ambush. It was based on surprise and trickery, and once defenses could prepare for it, and remember their assignments from back in college/high school, it was made impotent.

This Ravens offense is because of straight-up talent. And at a certain point, you can prepare all you want, you just might not be able to beat it.

This isn't a prediction about what will happen, I'm just pointing out that I don't think it's an apt comp.