Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 minute ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I was impressed with Herbert. It seems obvious to roll with him, but oh well, no skin off my back I guess. 

I was too. Obviously, there's some warts... But I'm more impressed with him than I am with Anthony "let's punt on 4th and 1 in OT versus the chiefs" or "let's go back to tyrod who almost lost to the Bengals" Lynn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't believe that Lynn is going to go back to tyrod lol

I know we're not supposed to talk about certain aspects of society on this forum, but...the idea has been floated elsewhere on a Chargers chat site that perhaps Lynn may have some affection towards Tyrod because he's a brotha. One who has been one of the more vocal social justice advocates in the league. And of course, this year has been pretty crazy in terms of social justice awareness when it comes to black Americans in the country. I'd like to think that Anthony Lynn is treating everyone fairly though, just like he said he was treated fairly by Bill Parcells when he was a player. 

This was cringe BTW:

Didn't the Browns almost make the playoffs that year too??? I guess to be fair, Tyrod's shot came with Hue Jackson, while Baker's came with Gregg Williams mostly. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Brees is no longer elite or close to it. NFC is so wide open this season that flawed teams like Seattle and GB have great shots at winning it. 

Chiefs and Ravens have to be the front-runners. Packers & Cardinals have also looked good. Seahawks have Russell Wilson so they'll always be in it. 

Normally its extremely beneficial to be the #1 seed, but in a year with not a lot of strong teams in the NFC + less homefield advantage due to no crowds, this could be the year where a wildcard can sneak in. Hopefully, thats us lol 

7 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Chiefs and Ravens have to be the front-runners. Packers & Cardinals have also looked good. Seahawks have Russell Wilson so they'll always be in it. 

Normally its extremely beneficial to be the #1 seed, but in a year with not a lot of strong teams in the NFC + less homefield advantage due to no crowds, this could be the year where a wildcard can sneak in. Hopefully, thats us lol 

The odds are still stacked for a the #1 seed since they only have to play two games, and not travel for them. The zero crowd will help though if games still have no people by the time the playoffs start. In particular against Seattle or New Orleans (if the Saints even get a home game). 

Now with an extra wild card spot opening up this year, the 49ers chances aren't totally nuked to at least make the playoffs. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tough look for the Chargers team docs. Damn. 

Having good medical staffs is so so so underrated. I mean you should always get second opinions on certain things regardless, but this was a different type of situation and a sad one for Taylor. I do remember seeing Brady telling his doc to remove some of the stitches on his hand and the doc telling him it was risky but Brady had him do it anyways. So these doctors definitely get put in tough positions. 

I wonder if they still have the same staff that they have had for like the last five or so years? Or did they change it like we did

Trade Jimmy and a 1st for Matt Ryan in the off season if not in range for Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields. 

Yes I realize he’s 35 but 35 seems to be the new 32 in this league. Ryan has looked like a Top 5-6 QB just about every year since his MVP season in 2016. He was already a good QB when Shanahan got there but Shanahan forever unleashed his hidden powers. Ryan is also playing like a Top 5 QB this year but the Falcons are 0-2 so no one cares. 

You would probably get 3 great seasons and 1 good season before he retires. 

Make it a 2021 1st and use the 2020 1st to get an OT or whatever you guys need honestly. Maybe even the Clemson RB. 

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Trade Jimmy and a 1st for Matt Ryan in the off season if not in range for Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, or Justin Fields. 

Yes I realize he’s 35 but 35 seems to be the new 32 in this league. Ryan has looked like a Top 5-6 QB just about every year since his MVP season in 2016. He was already a good QB when Shanahan got there but Shanahan forever unleashed his hidden powers. Ryan is also playing like a Top 5 QB this year but the Falcons are 0-2 so no one cares. 

You would probably get 3 great seasons and 1 good season before he retires. 

Make it a 2021 1st and use the 2020 1st to get an OT or whatever you guys need honestly. Maybe even the Clemson RB. 

I'd make a short term move on Matt Ryan for sure. NOt sure what i would give up, but a late first is certainly not something I'd be afraid of giving up considering the level Ryan is still playing at...you just have to decide on whether maybe 3 years is worth it or not. 

Given that I already want to get a QB in here to groom as a long term replacement, this still works iwth that.