Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting. What other FA's/extensions are up?

Jimmie ward is a FA

Buckner has one more year after this one. Kittle has one more year after this one. Emannuel Sanders is a FA after this season. I think that is it. I feel like I am missing someone though

(running on 5.5 hours of sleep lol)

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What are the odds you re-sign/franchise Armstead?

I'd say pretty high. Money isn't great, but it's plenty flexible if we need to create more room. With some uncertainty about Dee Ford moving forward, given his age and the quality of all around player he is (he's routinely graded out as one of the better run defenders in the NFL as an end, and he's certainly the best in that regard out of the ends we have right now), I don't think we will let him go when he just put it all together as a pass rusher as well and appears to be a great fit for the scheme. 

We've considered the possibility of a tag and trade, and if he's not on the 49ers next year, that would be the method it happens, I think. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Interesting. What other FA's/extensions are up?

AA, I expect to be back. Ronald Blair I expect to be back now. I thought he was probably going to price himself out of range given the fact that he's a quality depth piece but could command and a decent chunk of change, but that injury changed all that. I'm not certain that he's ready to go next year at all, so I figure that we'll probably re-sign him, give him a low cap hit in year 1 and IR him if we need to, then have the years after that be the bigger hit. 

Jimmie Ward will be a free agent. I think he'll likely hit market. Given his injury history, I don't know that it's a great idea to give him any sort of multi year deal that would tie us to him for more than one year at a time. If it were me, I'd probably let him hit market, hope that it's a bit soft / weak and he falls through the cracks (Tre Boston style), then try and sneak in there with a slightly better one year prove it deal than we gave him this year so that he can prove this season wasn't a fluke and hit the market running in 2021. 

Manny Sanders of course. I feel like we will probably bring him back given what he has meant to the offense, but he's certainly a tricky one. A golden tate contract would be similar to what I expect, though maybe only 3 years instead of 4.  We don't have money to burn, and with Defo needing an extension,  and I can't imagine Kittle wants to play next year at 600k, so I could certainly see that extension come into place after this year as well. If we had to decide between bringing back Ward or Manny, I want to say that we'd bring back Manny, but definitely a bit harder to gauge. 

After that, most of our guys are either ERFAs that are pretty much locked in to being back (Brunskill, Moseley, Wilson, Mullens) or restricted free agents who will likely be back (Breida, Bourne). 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

AA, I expect to be back. Ronald Blair I expect to be back now. I thought he was probably going to price himself out of range given the fact that he's a quality depth piece but could command and a decent chunk of change, but that injury changed all that. I'm not certain that he's ready to go next year at all, so I figure that we'll probably re-sign him, give him a low cap hit in year 1 and IR him if we need to, then have the years after that be the bigger hit. 

Jimmie Ward will be a free agent. I think he'll likely hit market. Given his injury history, I don't know that it's a great idea to give him any sort of multi year deal that would tie us to him for more than one year at a time. If it were me, I'd probably let him hit market, hope that it's a bit soft / weak and he falls through the cracks (Tre Boston style), then try and sneak in there with a slightly better one year prove it deal than we gave him this year so that he can prove this season wasn't a fluke and hit the market running in 2021. 

Manny Sanders of course. I feel like we will probably bring him back given what he has meant to the offense, but he's certainly a tricky one. A golden tate contract would be similar to what I expect, though maybe only 3 years instead of 4.  We don't have money to burn, and with Defo needing an extension,  and I can't imagine Kittle wants to play next year at 600k, so I could certainly see that extension come into place after this year as well. If we had to decide between bringing back Ward or Manny, I want to say that we'd bring back Manny, but definitely a bit harder to gauge. 

After that, most of our guys are either ERFAs that are pretty much locked in to being back (Brunskill, Moseley, Wilson, Mullens) or restricted free agents who will likely be back (Breida, Bourne). 

Good post. I'm still up in the air about AA though. He's had a monster year but that tends to happen in a contract year. I would have no problems with them franchising him but I think he is very similar to Ward in that given the injury history, you think twice to signing him to multiple years. I think they franchise him and keep him around for a year while also getting another year to evaluate guys like Taylor and Street.

Ok fellas question about our DE/DL rotation next yr...more focused on Ford and AA. So all this talk about AA coming back I had to look up some stats(gm started). So Ford and AA started the wk 1 and 2 at DE...cuz Bosa was a getting over his hurt ankle. Bosa has started since wk 3 and AA has started all 16 gms at the other DE spot. Ford has also been dealing with injuries(knee/hammy) all yr so he hasn't started since wk 2. If everyone is healthy and back...who starts at the other DE? Seems to be a ton of money 16M for Ford to be a rotational guy. AA will command similar regardless if it's Fran tag or long term deal. Just some thoughts since we have a wk off...lol 

6 minutes ago, sherm said:

Ok fellas question about our DE/DL rotation next yr...more focused on Ford and AA. So all this talk about AA coming back I had to look up some stats(gm started). So Ford and AA started the wk 1 and 2 at DE...cuz Bosa was a getting over his hurt ankle. Bosa has started since wk 3 and AA has started all 16 gms at the other DE spot. Ford has also been dealing with injuries(knee/hammy) all yr so he hasn't started since wk 2. If everyone is healthy and back...who starts at the other DE? Seems to be a ton of money 16M for Ford to be a rotational guy. AA will command similar regardless if it's Fran tag or long term deal. Just some thoughts since we have a wk off...lol 

Ford for 16M really doesn't have to be a full time player. Armstead is a much better DE against the run and Ford really isn't that good against the run. Ford should be in on every passing down rested and ready to go and if that means he plays 50 to 60% of snaps i am fine with that. 

• Like 1

Why not full time it for 

Ford - AA - Buck - Bosa

?

I don't see why AA can't be effective inside next to Buck, for the most part. When rest snaps or run-heavy looks are needed, plug in DJJ inside and AA outside for Ford. As we can see, a healthy rotation is wise for the long stretch. 

• Like 2

On 12/30/2019 at 9:30 AM, 49ersfan said:

So the Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Panthers, and Browns are all in the HC market as of now? Potentially the Jaguars too? 

I could see Anthony Lynn, Vic Fangio, Adam Gase, Matt Nagy, Matt Patricia, and Bill O'Brien (if they go one and done again) all on the hot seat next year. 

For the 5-6 openings this year, i think Rivera goes to the Redskins, Bienemy to the Panthers, McDaniels to the Browns, Riley/Meyer to the Cowboys, and Rhule to the Giants. I could see the Jags hiring McCarthy, or one of our guys, like Saleh, LaFleur, or McDaniel...

Well Doug Marrone is safe. Apparently they weren't thrilled with the pool of HC candidates this year. So cross the Jags off the list. 

Nothing has come out RE: Jason Garrett....could he be safe? TBD, i guess

Redskins hired Ron Rivera. Which at the moment leaves the Browns/Giants/Panthers 

Also heard the browns want to interview our pass game coordinator Mike Lafleur, along with our DC Robert Saleh 

Not sure who would replace Lafleur. If Saleh leaves, i guess we would promote internally - either DL coach Kocurek or DB coach Woods

Also, even though head coaches are usually the ones fired, i think GM's should be taking more accountability too. Outside of Bruce Allen, not a single notable FO executive has been let go. I thought Gettleman, Hurney, and even Caldwell would be at risk, but i guess not. Maybe even Dorsey as well

Edited by 49ersfan

2 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Why not full time it for 

Ford - AA - Buck - Bosa

?

I don't see why AA can't be effective inside next to Buck, for the most part. When rest snaps or run-heavy looks are needed, plug in DJJ inside and AA outside for Ford. As we can see, a healthy rotation is wise for the long stretch. 

Agreed. And if I remember correctly, that’s what we were doing when Ford was “healthy”.