Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

On 12/31/2019 at 4:00 PM, 49erurtaza said:

Idk I feel like we won't lose paraag. Didn't he just get a promotion last year. 

Paraag isn't a personnel guy, he's a finance guy. A numbers cruncher, if you will. Now if he fancies himself a talent evaluator well....good luck with that. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. But in his current role, numbers are numbers. Whether in Santa Clara or Jax or NYC. I dont see the desire to leave for greener pastures somewhere else when its as green as its going to get right where he is.  

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Paraag isn't a personnel guy, he's a finance guy. A numbers cruncher, if you will. Now if he fancies himself a talent evaluator well....good luck with that. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. But in his current role, numbers are numbers. Whether in Santa Clara or Jax or NYC. I dont see the desire to leave for greener pastures somewhere else when its as green as its going to get right where he is.  

Peter King said two or three years ago that he would get consideration as gm, but I have no idea if he wants that position. He's an ideal match for a coach that wants personnel control though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Peter King said two or three years ago that he would get consideration as gm, but I have no idea if he wants that position. He's an ideal match for a coach that wants personnel control though

He does work for the York's beyond just the 49ers. I don't think he will leave, but you never know 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

He does work for the York's beyond just the 49ers. I don't think he will leave, but you never know 

Yeah, he is involved in a lot of York's business ventures outside of 49ers. Didn't he get that promotion not lon

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

That's true. I honestly can't see it happening, and I don't know why he would have interest in a gm position (though he doesn't just work financials is my understanding).

But if we are going to lose someone, he's the one I least want to lose. The others are largely whatever, to be honest (guys like Peters). 

• Like 1

Peters as GM, Saleh as a HC, and Mike LaFleur OC makes a lot of sense if your the Browns. It'd be pretty tough to lose all those guys but the core of this staff/front office is Shanny, Lynch, and Paraag. Everyone else is bonus.

11 hours ago, nayad said:

Peters as GM, Saleh as a HC, and Mike LaFleur OC makes a lot of sense if your the Browns. It'd be pretty tough to lose all those guys but the core of this staff/front office is Shanny, Lynch, and Paraag. Everyone else is bonus.

I read that as of now, Mayhew is the more likely of the two asst gms to leave. 

• Like 3

On 2020-01-03 at 8:20 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

I read that as of now, Mayhew is the more likely of the two asst gms to leave. 

We seem to have gone for several of Mayhew's guys over the years, so I guess he had more weight in the room than Peters. When you achieve success, you're bound to lose people. Let's just replace them. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I need Josh Allen to win at least two playoff games this year to help support why I had such adoration for him as a prospect. 

He's already invalidated my disgust for him. I missed on his pretty absurd athleticism. I thought he was Blake Bortles there and he's far closer to Cam as an athlete. And two, he has just been flat out more accurate in the short area than I thought would ever be possible for him. I saw him miss entire target nets standing still on a regular basis at the Senior Bowl. It was ugly. He always had a pretty deep ball, but if you have that and no athleticism or short game, you get something like...Christian Hackenburg or something.

Just now, JIllg said:

He's already invalidated my disgust for him. I missed on his pretty absurd athleticism. I thought he was Blake Bortles there and he's far closer to Cam as an athlete. And two, he has just been flat out more accurate in the short area than I thought would ever be possible for him. I saw him miss entire target nets standing still on a regular basis at the Senior Bowl. It was ugly. He always had a pretty deep ball, but if you have that and no athleticism or short game, you get something like...Christian Hackenburg or something.

Every once in a while, he made a magical throw in college that would just drop your jaw. The Nebraska throw was insane in a game that was a total disaster. 

But I always figured that even if he wasn't going to be a good QB, he could be effective. Very kaep like