A Farewell to Oakland - Raiders vs. Jags

big_palooka

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

tank the next 2 weeks and get a better pick

I’m a firm believer in losing pointless games to secure substantial better draft spots.  Many times we’ve won a pointless game and ended up just outside the spot we needed.

imagine in 2015 if we lost to SD (week 16; 20–23 win) and denver (week 14; 15-12 win).  Now we’re Picking 7, not 14 (ahead of SF#8 now) and we’re taking Deforest Buckner or if we just lost one of those 2 games were at #11 and could take Jeremy Tunsil.

or imagine in 2018 IF we lost week 16 (Denver14,Oak27) and week 14 (pitt21,oak24) and we’re picking not #10 but now #3.  It’s us trading with the Jets and walking away with Quentin Nelson at 6, Courtland Sutton at 39, at 47 and #34 in ‘19.

i hope we lose the last 2 games as does Chicago and Mayock works his magic to draft some good players and turn this team around.

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this team just isn't that good. we have the worst defense in the NFL, and no wideouts. Gruden is hit or miss coaching, and his in game adjustments suck

Defense held them to 20 points. Offense scored 16 on a team that had lost 5 games in a row by 17+ points. 

And statistically, the Raiders are not "the worst" defense in the NFL by any means.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, G said:

Would rather go 8-8 than another losing season to get a better pick. Tanking means overpaying for free agents. I'll pass but if it was top 5 pick then tank...

I think free agency should be easier though, CA has some if not the highest income tax in the country and playing on a perfect natural grass surface in a state of the art facility has to be appealing also.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

This was a shame!

Gruden needs to go after this day calling plays...he plays to not lose and you can never win like that constantly...he doesn't get it...we are screwed

Can’t see his ego allowing him to give up calling the offense.

The only way I could see it would be if he brought in Jay. But no idea if that’s a realistic proposition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rolni said:

This was a shame!

Gruden needs to go after this day calling plays...he plays to not lose and you can never win like that constantly...he doesn't get it...we are screwed

Don’t understand how Gruden is not getting more criticism, play calling was appalling in the 2nd half. As for calling a pass play on 3rd and 11 with 1:52 left, ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Don’t understand how Gruden is not getting more criticism, play calling was appalling in the 2nd half. As for calling a pass play on 3rd and 11 with 1:52 left, ridiculous. 

Ehh, Carr hit Williams in the face with the ball. Not perfect placement but if Williams comes down with it everyone is calling him a genius. I

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Derek Carr led offense now approaching Jamarcus level stats.... yeesh.

Oh My Lord..... 

So let me get this straight, Derek Carr is almost as bad as the laziest human being to ever step into the NFL (who also had an addiction to purple drank)????

I honestly didn't think it was that bad...… 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, Steins Gate said:

Man.... You ain't lying... He took 40 million and slept through meetings and film sessions.....

Quite possibly the laziest dude in NFL History.

I thought it was 50 Million.  Walked away from his luxury pad in the Oakland Hills.  He set the Raiders back 5 years.  Right after that they changed the rules on how much you can pay a rookie.  Should have called it the Jamarcus Rule.  Better yet, the Russell Rule.  Has kind of a ring to it.   We were talking about it last night.

It was the Purple Drank.

Edited by S&B Bleeder
Had to get in the Purple Drank.

On 12/15/2019 at 2:33 PM, true2form said:

Agree to disagree. If Carr throws that to Jones when Gannon said, the defender coming from the left would destroy him. If you're talking about how open he was after the ball is in the end zone, a lot of guys are wide open after the ball is thrown.