2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

41 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

I can't imagine a scenario where we'd beat Kentucky or Arizona in those potential sweet 16 matchups. Need some chaos

Poor UVA. #1 overall seed by a mile but put in the same bracket as the best 4th and 5th seed combo (Zona is the best 4th seed period IMO, UK 2nd best 5th behind Zaga) and 2 of the 4 or 5 most physically talented teams. Both hot at the right time, coming off a conference championship wins. Neither UK or Zona are nearly good enough to where there is no scenario UVA could beat them, come on now.

It's pick your poison though, you're either gonna get the toughest S16 matchup or E8 matchup on paper as the #1 seed, and the aim is always to give you the top seed the weakest 2 . Given that the further you get in the tournanet, the less likely it will be chalk, I wish the #1 seed got the easiest path to the E8 rather than the easiest path to the F4 (which is the intention).

Idk how Oklahoma gets into the tournament. It’s more than likely because of Young. People complain but I’m certain a lot of people will be picking them to beat RI and possibly even Duke. I think Duke and MSU will face off AGAIN in the Sweet 16. Duke won earlier despite not having Bagley for the entire second half. This is going to be an interesting tournament.

Archived