Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Dan Patrick show just stated it

I would be absolutely shocked if they get close to a 1st for him.

Guess we'll see but Josina hasn't stated anything like that on Twitter. So unless she went on there and said it I guess...

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I would be absolutely shocked if they get close to a 1st for him.

Guess we'll see but Josina hasn't stated anything like that on Twitter. So unless she went on there and said it I guess...

we will see soon as I added to my last comment the team has to get a physical done in order for the trade to go through and get the draft picks. I cant imagine it going past today if they in fact get a 1st rd pick.

18 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I get it you are a diehard fan of the rams and I see no wrong that you want the best for your team. From what you are saying if you had an expansion team to start 2020 season you got to own. You had the option of taking any player from a different team your trying to tell me that Aaron Donald is going to be your 1st pick? Over Mahomes and even Wilson? I find this hard to believe, because that is what your basically saying is that Donald is the best player in the NFL. 

That's not what the list is saying at all. You're completely changing it to fit your argument. 

I have a heard time believing even Cowerd would take a RB at #2.

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I definitely don't think we get a Day 1 pick for Trent, and if we do get a Day 2, it would be in the 2nd half. My opinion. The OJ Howard plus a pick for Trent idea makes sense.

Possibly I was just saying what the show said about the reporting thats all. As for the scenario of Howard for Trent it may make sense for both teams but the finances are not there they would have to clear 12-13 mil plus the draft picks they have to pay Trents 14.5 mil. It would be difficult unless they make a new deal completely for Trent which involves backloading a contract or they flat out cut some players. Also they are paying a LT 14.5 mil in Smith now, so what do they do with him? Can he go to RT for the year? 

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Possibly I was just saying what the show said about the reporting thats all. As for the scenario of Howard for Trent it may make sense for both teams but the finances are not there they would have to clear 12-13 mil plus the draft picks they have to pay Trents 14.5 mil. It would be difficult unless they make a new deal completely for Trent which involves backloading a contract or they flat out cut some players. Also they are paying a LT 14.5 mil in Smith now, so what do they do with him? Can he go to RT for the year? 

Of course to the bolded. My follow up was just my take on it. As to the 2nd bolded, it doesn't look like they need to clear THAT much. A Trent extension plus some restructures should do the trick. 

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Why trade for Williams with this drat class?

Because Trent is a perennial pro-bowler.  Far from a guarantee any of these college OT prospects will be that for the next 3-4 years, or however long teams expect to have Trent starting for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Why trade for Williams with this drat class?

I would trade any pick my team had from about pick 20-255 for Trent Williams. The potential of the top 4 OTs (+ Josh Jones) is enough to keep me away from Williams. After they are gone though, and I expect them to be gone quickly, no one in this class comes close to what you'll get out of Williams for the next few years.

17 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I would trade any pick my team had from about pick 20-255 for Trent Williams. The potential of the top 4 OTs (+ Josh Jones) is enough to keep me away from Williams. After they are gone though, and I expect them to be gone quickly, no one in this class comes close to what you'll get out of Williams for the next few years.

The thought of trading #21 for example for a soon to be 32 year old LT who wants a new big contract, coming off an entire year off and has injury concerns would piss me off to no end.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The thought of trading #21 for example for a soon to be 32 year old LT who wants a new big contract, coming off an entire year off and has injury concerns would piss me off to no end.

I think it depends on how close you are to competing and your other needs as well, but it wouldn't make me upset. He's had a full year to get healthy, and when he is healthy, he's one of the top tackles in the NFL, bar none. I would trade the 21st pick for 4 years of top tier tackle play any day.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Travis Kelce and George Kittle are two of the most overrated guys in the league. Give me Mundt all day.

I have to agree with this.  I mean if you look past all of the pass catching, the blocking,the captaining, the Super Bowl playing, the Pro-Bowling, the All-Pro-ing.....Seriously, what have they really done?

I think the only reason more people disagree and don't think they're overrated is because they are so good.

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 1