Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

30 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I get it you are a diehard fan of the rams and I see no wrong that you want the best for your team. From what you are saying if you had an expansion team to start 2020 season you got to own. You had the option of taking any player from a different team your trying to tell me that Aaron Donald is going to be your 1st pick? Over Mahomes and even Wilson? I find this hard to believe, because that is what your basically saying is that Donald is the best player in the NFL. 

Ok so I think its two separate discussions. If I was drafting of course I would take Mahomes because he is a quarterback. Thats why I said I get Mahomes get the nod because he plays quarterback. Are we talking about starting from scratch and drafting or are we talking about right now who is the best player in the NFL? Its just like the draft. The consensus has it that Young is the best player in the draft but yet he isnt going 1st overall. Burrow is going 1st overall because he plays QB and that is the most important position on the field and the Bengals need a QB. 

Ill ask you a question, if a team had a QB that they believe is a franchise QB for the future like Murray of the Cards, do you think they would take Mahomes and move on from Murray OR would they take Donald and give their defense a centerpiece to build around? 

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

My first thought reading that list: why do they have the Chargers logo for Aaron Donald?

It being juxtaposed next to all of those other logos really draws attention to just how bad it looks lol that thing is going to be a serious eyesore on the bottom ticker during the season 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Ok so I think its two separate discussions. If I was drafting of course I would take Mahomes because he is a quarterback. Thats why I said I get Mahomes get the nod because he plays quarterback. Are we talking about starting from scratch and drafting or are we talking about right now who is the best player in the NFL? Its just like the draft. The consensus has it that Young is the best player in the draft but yet he isnt going 1st overall. Burrow is going 1st overall because he plays QB and that is the most important position on the field and the Bengals need a QB. 

Ill ask you a question, if a team had a QB that they believe is a franchise QB for the future like Murray of the Cards, do you think they would take Mahomes and move on from Murray OR would they take Donald and give their defense a centerpiece to build around? 

As of today knowing what I know mahomes would be the pick even with Murray. I dont think murray can take an offense to the level Mahomes has done. Not saying Donald isnt a top 5 guy in the league but he is not the best in the league and I will agree Qb is more important. My argument is you cant have a RB and a DT ahead of a guy who is a highlight reel on every play he can carry a team if need be and not many Qbs can do that. If you replaced Mahomes for Murray would Kc have won a superbowl? I dont think so. Donald is a solid player but you can have an easier time filling his hole then you would with Mahomes at QB which is why I would have Mahomes ahead of him on a list but Donald is definitely top 5 in the league. Im a defensive guy but I think that highly of a qb of that caliber will win you a championship before an elite DT.

As for your argument with Burrow and Young. I think there is a case where they could go Young over Burrow and keep Dalton at Qb, and bring in a guy like Fromm/Eason/Love in the 2nd rd or later if you believe Young is the perennial player that people are saying he could be. That means it has to be 10+ sacks a season for several years. They could even bring in Cam or Winston to replace dalton and draft one of those guys later. Will they do this probably not. Dunlap LDE, Reader DT, Atkins DT, and Young RDE would be a nice dline to have going against Lamar and Big Ben, instead of Burrow having to out perform the two. 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Is a Edelman trade possible?

the pats would have to eat 8.3 mil in dead cap compared to keeping him at 9.6 mil. So saving 1.3 mil but losing a weapon on offense and another hole to fill in the draft will be tough to do. I dont see why they would move on from him 

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

the pats would have to eat 8.3 mil in dead cap compared to keeping him at 9.6 mil. So saving 1.3 mil but losing a weapon on offense and another hole to fill in the draft will be tough to do. I dont see why they would move on from him 

We also have Chris Godwin to play slot. And an extremely deep WR class if we wanna add a WR.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We also have Chris Godwin to play slot. And an extremely deep WR class if we wanna add a WR.

what they do with howard though? Didnt you guys pay Brate big money so you have to assume he is on the block, as this put you guys close to the cap and have to pay your draft picks?

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

what they do with howard though? Didnt you guys pay Brate big money so you have to assume he is on the block, as this put you guys close to the cap and have to pay your draft picks?

I dunno. I'd imagine we trade him.

The rumor is we're trying to package him to move up for an OT. But another rumor says we're not offering enough to move into the top 10. 

He's TE1 in this bad TE draft. But that might not matter.