(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

Halfway though this presser with the huckster... we’re ducked.

It’s like the greatest hits from the last half dozen pressers... 

“We value continuity..”

”That wouldn’t be fair to them to get into that...”

”We’re confident we’re gonna get it right....”

”We’re learning as we go here..”

Christ I hate this guy.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Halfway though this presser with the huckster... we’re ducked.

It’s like the greatest hits from the last half dozen pressers... 

“We value continuity..”

”That wouldn’t be fair to them to get into that...”

”We’re confident we’re gonna get it right....”

”We’re learning as we go here..”

Christ I hate this guy.

He prefaced it all with “but” too. My favorite was “We take full responsibility for all of the turnover, BUT” (verbatim quote).

What a worthless ball bag.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

He prefaced it all with “but” too. My favorite was “We take full responsibility for all of the turnover, BUT” (verbatim quote).

What a worthless ball bag.

I straight got down in the dumps just listening to it.

It’s clear we’re absolutely hosed unless whoever they hire saves us and him from his absurdity. 

He doesn’t even see the issues, let alone understand them.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s clear we’re absolutely hosed unless whoever they hire saves us and him from his absurdity. 

It’s not to late to join up friend.

tenor.gif

• Like 3

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m telling you 

Strategy - Paul Depo

GM - Andrew Berry

Player Personell - Eliot Wolf

HC - Urban 

that’d give Urban support and nfl experience while at the same time people with that don’t have egos who can handle scouting and player stuff for him while he build the program. 

I think they’d have joint say of final 53

this is the one 

That's what I thought immediately when I heard there is interest in Urban.

Nice structure with a strong buffer between the team and the Haslams.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

There's a chance that we can still have success if we fix the offensive line, Baker takes a step forward in development, OBJ/Jarvis are healthy, and a TE/Njoku can contribute even a little.

We could be one of those teams that can outscore teams in shoot-outs. 

There's enough talent on the roster that a little New Head Coach juice... some competent play-calling and this team could be a 9+ win team.

A lot of ifs, but the roster core talent is still reason to have optimism even with Jimmy.

As long as the coaching search doesn't go left field for a Robert Saleh, we might have at least one good optimistic season under Stefanski, McDaniels, or McCarthy before it comes crashing down.

McCarthy interviewed today; Roman tonight; McDaniels next Friday; no word yet on when the Stefanski interview is. 

• Like 1

The more I think about it...

IF we are set on keeping Depodesta.

And IF he has enough sway with Haslam now after being proven right on the last couple coaching hires.

Then a Stefanski/Berry/Depodesta trio would actually be the most "one vision" leadership group we've had in a LONG time. Berry and DePo already have a good relationship and DePo wanted to hire Stefanski last year. All three are "analytics" guys (in that they believe that statistics exist and play action passing is good). And all are highly thought of in what they do (Stefanski - coaching, play sequencing, building a team around who they are not who he wishes they were... DePo - Organizational leadership, systems analysis, efficiency, etc.... Berry - Scouting and talent evaluation, running a draft).

I wouldn't hate the other options (McDaniels/Caserio or McCarthy/Wolf), but I think I lean toward the Depo/Berry/Stefanski trio right now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

And IF he has enough sway with Haslam now after being proven right on the last couple coaching hires.

Then a Stefanski/Berry/Depodesta trio would actually be the most "one vision" leadership group we've had in a LONG time. Berry and DePo already have a good relationship and DePo wanted to hire Stefanski last year. All three are "analytics" guys (in that they believe that statistics exist and play action passing is good). And all are highly thought of in what they do (Stefanski - coaching, play sequencing, building a team around who they are not who he wishes they were... DePo - Organizational leadership, systems analysis, efficiency, etc.... Berry - Scouting and talent evaluation, running a draft).

I wouldn't hate the other options (McDaniels/Caserio or McCarthy/Wolf), but I think I lean toward the Depo/Berry/Stefanski trio right now.

Its the most coherent answer, for all his faults, jimmy does like analytics, he is working towards that vision. 

New england, is analytics friendly, ideologically i thibk mcdaneils could work with depodesta. 

22 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

You absolutely hit it on the head.

For what Jimmy seeks and to minimize ownership deficiencies, that oneness of vision and similarity in philosophic approach gives the organization the best chance to build a sustained culture whether that be an elite winning one or one that achieve above average successes. 

Play-sequencing is the perfect word to describe what we missed this year; that is, play-calls that build off one another in sequence, as well as build off of predicted defensive responses and adjustments. That is an exact description of what it's like watching offenses like the 49ers and Vikings. Play present themselves as  similar or the same but what they become is based off of the play success, failures, and defensive responses observed throughout the game. It's a fluid, adaptive plan based in one part pre-game planning and the other part on in-game intuitive feel and situational awareness. It's thoughtful approach.

As much as I'd like the 49ers offense because of the zone, play-action, and initial sameness of play variations, the Vikings offense does a lot of the same things but just with more QB movement. It's odd because we don't really move Baker to help him get in Rhythm like Shanahan does for Jimmy G and what Kubiak/Stefanski did to get Cousins going. 

From the outside looking in (in the end we can't know for sure), it does feel like a DePo/Berry/Stefanski pairing has the least risk of political in-fighting or non-thoughtful disagreements.

The only issues with that aligned pairing beyond the staff is the "Can He Stand and the Room and Command Respect and Lead" type commenting about Stefanski. Oddly enough, Matt La Fleur was criticized last year for not having the outward leadership juice and not being able to command the room or energize big egos, but he's doing just fine this year. The key for him is the winning. Winning gets buy-in. If adversity hits in the future, he can point to the winning track record.  That type of outward leadership is important during losing and adversity to keep buy-in and investment to the plan high.

For Stefanski and Berry to work, we definitely need to come out and establish success for their plan to take hold even more so than a McDaniels or McCarthy that can point to long-standing success track-records for why it's important to stay the course. I do wonder if Andrew Berry/Kevin Stefanski/Wolf have the respect around the league to collaboratively assemble a really good or great Staff.

Only time will tell. 

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1