(Polls) Finalists Set: Choose Your Preferred GM/HC Pairing

Mind Character

Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Finalist GM/HC Pairing do you want us to choose?

• GM: Dave Ziegler/Nick Caserio; HC: Josh McDaniels
    • GM: Andrew Berry; HC: Kevin Stefanski
    • GM: Eliot Wolf; HC: Mike McCarthy
  2. 2. Which Pairing will ultimately be selected by the Haslams?

3. 3. Which Pairing has the greatest chance of blowing up in an epic fashion?

13 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

All three are better options than we've had, which is why it won't be any of these. 

15 minutes ago, BooyaCS09 said:

The analytics say dont go with McCarthy.  The reason out of the statistical samples a coach who won a super bowl prior has not won another one with a different team.  Holmgren came the closest with the Seahawks.  

Depo isnt going to bank on a statistical anomaly.  Also HCs who flamed out and went back to either college or coordinators have had success. Reid, Carroll,  Vermeil, Gruden (Tampa with Dungys players), Dungey etc.  This is why the anaylitics favor a McDaniels or first time HC

But McDaniels wont be coming here if he has to report to Depo. I believe Jake Trotter said that today on twitter that what McDaniels wants doesnt include Depo having power over him. He wants full control like BB has like who he hires, who reports to him, how the structure is in place, ect

McCarthy can be a similar hire that Andy Reid was when he left Philly and went to KC and sort of reinvented himself. I would take that all day long.

The only reason that Im not super excited about Stefanski is the fact that he is a first time guy with no HC experience. We have done that type of hire so many times in the past 15 years and it has never worked out. I cant even remember the last time we hired a proven commodity at HC. Everyone is always a new experiment that fails miserably going for OC/DC to HC.

I think it will be Stefanski if Depo has as much power as Jimmy makes it out to be, but I would just prefer the safer route with a proven guy like McCarthy. I dont want another unknown at HC and thats what Stefanski is. You know exactly what your getting with McCarthy and that to me is the appeal. This team needs to know what they are getting with the next guy and cannot go through another screw up with a first time HC.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

But McDaniels wont be coming here if he has to report to Depo. I believe Jake Trotter said that today on twitter that what McDaniels wants doesnt include Depo having power over him. He wants full control like BB has like who he hires, who reports to him, how the structure is in place, ect

McCarthy can be a similar hire that Andy Reid was when he left Philly and went to KC and sort of reinvented himself. I would take that all day long.

The only reason that Im not super excited about Stefanski is the fact that he is a first time guy with no HC experience. We have done that type of hire so many times in the past 15 years and it has never worked out. I cant even remember the last time we hired a proven commodity at HC. Everyone is always a new experiment that fails miserably going for OC/DC to HC.

I think it will be Stefanski if Depo has as much power as Jimmy makes it out to be, but I would just prefer the safer route with a proven guy like McCarthy. I dont want another unknown at HC and thats what Stefanski is. You know exactly what your getting with McCarthy and that to me is the appeal. This team needs to know what they are getting with the next guy and cannot go through another screw up with a first time HC.

The HC isn’t reporting to DePo. That was made clear in today’s press conference. If anything I feel like working with DePo has to be attractive to someone coming from a organisation that is so into analytics 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

The HC isn’t reporting to DePo. That was made clear in today’s press conference. If anything I feel like working with DePo has to be attractive to someone coming from a organisation that is so into analytics 

Possibly but just the prospect of another unproven HC coming in here to right the ship scares the hell out of me that we will continue spiraling down this toilet bowl we are in.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Possibly but just the prospect of another unproven HC coming in here to right the ship scares the hell out of me that we will continue spiraling down this toilet bowl we are in.

DePo, GM and HC all report to Haslim’s. We are finally going to bring in a GM and HC together that are on the same page. 
We have only done this once before but Kokonis was not on a equal level with the HC

• Like 1

Honestly I’m cool with whoever they hire.  Rumor mill has been sayin that mcdaniels is open to analytics as NE has used them for years.  Mcdaniels obviously is the front runner:  If they hire anyone other than him it’s cause depo’s plan said to hire someone else and they listened to him.  It’s likely stefanski but it was a weaker crop of candidates last year. 

ultimately I think it’s mcdaniels and I’m gonna want a new sub forum to filter out the anti browns posts until the season starts 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

DePo, GM and HC all report to Haslim’s. We are finally going to bring in a GM and HC together that are on the same page. 
We have only done this once before but Kokonis was not on a equal level with the HC

I think this is the first time we haven’t had an arranged type marriage when it came to hiring a HC and GM. I like the idea of bring in the HC and allowing him to have some say in the GM but not final vote. Now hopefully they get it right with the hires 

16 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think this is the first time we haven’t had an arranged type marriage when it came to hiring a HC and GM. I like the idea of bring in the HC and allowing him to have some say in the GM but not final vote. Now hopefully they get it right with the hires 

You mean except for the two guys they just fired after less than a year?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Give  me Robert Saleh

buttcheeks... he's been trash as a DC for 2 years even with talent and has caught lightning in a bottle with a successful only after adding year after Nick Bosa and Dee Ford to an already stacked 4 high first round pick DLineman and a healthy Richard Sherman.

Can he be successful without superior talent?

He does pass the bald, look test.

He is a Defensive Coach which adds an edge.

Can he lead a program?

2 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

San Fran wonder twins OC

Sign me up for Mike La Fleur as OC for sure.

Edited by Mind Character

OK.....Had to take a few days and calm down.......this is a picture of me the day after the firings.

source.gif

But I've pulled myself together and have my thoughts on this.

I think the perfect GM can blend true Football Scouting AND Analytics.....and I was sad when he left the first time...but just didnt have any room. And that man is Andrew Berry....I think he ESPECIALLY assisted by the Young Wolfe of Wallstreet, will give us a VERY strong front office moving into this new decade.

Now I have two folks I want for coach.....Both are Outside the box from what I have read so far.....one is possible and I think one is wishful thinking.

Possibility: I want Dan Campbell (Asst. HC TE's New Orleans), I don't know why he has not been interviewed or at least made the list. I would love for him to bring Lombardi with him (the QB's coach in New Orleans) as his OC, keep our WR coach and RB coach Stump Mitchell. On D, He would like to see us keep Joe Whitt Jr. as the DC and bring in Mike Singletary as Asst. HC Defense, and let him handle most of that side of the ball.

Wishful thinking: Tony Dungy.....its time to bring Moses back......and I would COMPLETELY trust him to put together a staff (I think some coaches would want to leave their current positions to work with that guy).

• Like 5