Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

This is why we're F*cked.

JW Johnson, Jimmy Haslam, Dee Haslam, Chris Cooper (capologist), and Paul DePodesta.

Who of that group is qualified to assess the sustained winning and program/culture leader characteristics of a Head Coach?

According to Jason LaCanfora (assuming he's right), "That six-person party (JW Johnson, Jimmy Haslam, Dee Haslam, John Dorsey, Andrew Berry, and Paul DePodesta) was involved in all of the interviews and when the interviews were complete, each had a voice in "voting" essentially for the candidate of their choosing, sources said. In the end, only DePodesta and Berry tallied a dissenting vote when it came down to the finalists, with Kitchens prevailing by a 4-2 margin."

The coaching search committee is privy to tons of more information on the candidates than us. Background check info, the vision and culture they layout, what references say, what their plan is, what all kinds of other people in the league have to say about them, etc.

The issue is I have no doubt that a group of 6 of us on the forum would be able to sift through the information and come to a better decision than the Haslam's coach search committee.

They selectively pay attention to the wrong things, and I'm not even sure they know the right questions to ask or what the quality responses are. It goes beyond winning the interview. They really have to dig in and know waht to look for.

Edited by Mind Character

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So uh...no to Stefanski, huh?

Considering he has no prior experience as a successful HC he was never on my radar. As much as I hate the guy and think he will wreck shop with his 'my way or the highway' structure its McDaniels or bust at the moment for me. I simply cannot get excited about another coordinator turned HC with no experience again because the Browns are batting 0/100 with those type of candidates since 1999.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

same **** diff day

Man....I only had a chance to check my phone for like 2 seconds today I was really hoping there was something juicy out there I missed lol Im trying to get caught up, what is all this about with the Browns interviewing a bunch of other teams GMs like the Colts and Eagles? Anything to make of that?

So, this train wreck has brought me out of hibernation early.  Usually I do not come out until draft season.

do you guys realize that we are just a couple of more bad hire and then fires away from being so undesirable that we are going to have to hand out a Jon Gruden type of deal to even the most mediocre candidate just to fill the position.

I am talking huge money, complete control, and in writing in the contract that they can’t be fired.

How pathetic will it be when we give that to some hot shot coordinator that hasn’t really proven anything and then wind up stuck with him because we can’t fire him and no one else would consider us because it’s career suicide.?

On 1/7/2020 at 12:28 PM, DawgX said:

I'm not a religious man, but I'm straight up praying for the Titans to beat Baltimore this weekend.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:55 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But to which gods?  That’s the key here.

Hope you chose right...

On 1/7/2020 at 2:16 PM, DawgX said:

Thor. Maybe Zeus.

Or I'll be like George Carlin and pray to Joe Pesci.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:56 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Odin and Freya maybe?  

im just spitballin

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I now believe in Thor and Zeus, btw.

In your foolish gambit to invoke the half-spawn, you have called forth the shade of Cronos back from his crystal prison, unbound from Tartarus. The dark one cometh. Calamity. Woe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This is why we're F*cked.

JW Johnson, Jimmy Haslam, Dee Haslam, Chris Cooper (capologist), and Paul DePodesta.

Who of that group is qualified to assess the sustained winning and program/culture leader characteristics of a Head Coach?

According to Jason LaCanfora (assuming he's right), "That six-person party was involved in all of the interviews and when the interviews were complete, each had a voice in "voting" essentially for the candidate of their choosing, sources said. In the end, only DePodesta and Berry tallied a dissenting vote when it came down to the finalists, with Kitchens prevailing by a 4-2 margin."

The coaching search committee is privy to tons of more information on the candidates than us. Background check info, the vision and culture they layout, what references say, what their plan is, what all kinds of other people in the league have to say about them, etc.

The issue is I have no doubt that a group of 6 of us on the forum would be able to sift through the information and come to a better decision than the Haslam's coach search committee.

They selectively pay attention to the wrong things, and I'm not even sure they know the right questions to ask or what the quality responses are. It goes beyond winning the interview. They really have to dig in and know waht to look for.

I trust DePodesta because he has been involved in the front office in pro sports since the late 90’s and because his level of intelligence is on another level.

As for anyone who voted for Freddie....

21 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I trust DePodesta because he has been involved in the front office in pro sports since the late 90’s and because his level of intelligence is on another level.

As for anyone who voted for Freddie....

Indeed, I trust DePodesta's analysis depth and ability to critically think about and assess various qualities of a Head Coach. But he alone isn't what we need.

The 4 that voted for Freddie according to LaCanfora's report were JW Johnson, Jimmy Haslam, Dee Haslam, and John Dorsey. The 2 dissenting were Berry and DePo.

This Year we swapped out Andrew Berry for Chris Cooper. And without Dorsey, the primary group consists of 5 people (JW, Jimmy, Cooper, DePo, and Dee).

Good times ahead...