Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

I know people don't want Daboll, but he has a lot of traits and characteristics to make an effective program/culture leader.

I'm not a fan of how his core offensive system fits with our personnel. I'm also not a fan of Joe Schoen as a primary GM. He's a ways away.

However, Brian Daboll and Ed Dodds/Andrew Berry wouldn't be the worst selection even though everyone by a wide majority has voted that he's the worst candidate.

Edited by Mind Character

12 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I know people don't want Daboll, but he has a lot of traits and characteristics to make an effective program/culture leader.

I'm not a fan of how his core offensive system fits with our personnel. I'm also not a fan of Joe Schoen as a primary GM. He's a ways away.

However, Brian Daboll and Ed Dodds/Andrew Berry wouldn't be the worst selection even though everyone by a wide majority has voted that he's the worst candidate.

Just admit it.

You want this to happen so you can talk about chicken wings all day with @mistakey

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

It’s McDaniels is my guess. They just dont want to announce it while other guys they interviewed are playing 

It makes sense, no matter who it is, to wait until after the game. There's no rush and it's best for publicity to let the game clear for a sec.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

After watching this game, Jim Schwartz is still my #1 choice. Stefanski had a chance to jump to my #1 but did not deliver. Stefanski is still my #2 above McDaniels though. McDaniels is one of the most overrated OC’s of all time with the leadership of a 12 year old. Stefanski had to play the best defense in the league, and maybe one of the best of all time. 

As for Schwartz, he’s 3 for 3 with teams becoming Top 5 Defenses. Has Past HC Experience. And I thought he had a great attitude and leadership as a HC. 

Sometimes one of the least sexiest picks, is the correct pick. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

To be honest, I’m just in disbelief that we’ve had head-coaching searches two straight seasons and the process has been as cluttered as it’s been. Totally unprofessional job it seems to me. Like, no clear plan. I am not a McDaniels fan but until yesterday I at least thought we went into this thinking we had our guy in mind. This is insanity.

DePodesta was tasked with putting the selection process in place.