Who do you want as head coach?

CBrownsman

Who do you want to be head coach?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best choice of who we will interview/have interviewed?

2. 2. Who is the worst choice?

• Greg Roman
    • Brian Daboll
    • Robert Saleh
    • Eric Bieniemy
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kevin Stefanski
    • Josh McDaniels

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

After watching this game, Jim Schwartz is still my #1 choice. Stefanski had a chance to jump to my #1 but did not deliver. Stefanski is still my #2 above McDaniels though. McDaniels is one of the most overrated OC’s of all time with the leadership of a 12 year old. Stefanski had to play the best defense in the league, and maybe one of the best of all time. 

As for Schwartz, he’s 3 for 3 with teams becoming Top 5 Defenses. Has Past HC Experience. And I thought he had a great attitude and leadership as a HC. 

Sometimes one of the least sexiest picks, is the correct pick. 

Schwartz has been my number 1 by a significant margin since he entered the field.

He's had 5 top 5 DVOA Defensive Efficiency Defenses starting with the Tennessee Titans DC (#1 in 2007; #5 in 2008), then in Buffalo (#2 in 2014); and in Philidaelphia (#4 in 2016; #5 in 2017).

He can hold players accountable, can command the locker room, and can relate to players.

He's innovative, creative, and a smart football coach who has a preference for analytics. He's been a Head Coach before getting a terrible Lions team to the Playoffs.

He's tough-minded and discipline oriented. He understands the dynamics of culture-building having worked with or for some of the greats.

Bill Belichick thinks he's one of the smartest coaches he's ever been around and that was when Schwartz was a young pup. He likely can assemble a competent staff.

He has his own issues like the other candidates, but Schwartz-Berry-Dodds pairing is still the number 1 choice for me.

Stefanski has too many question marks regarding culture building, commanding the locker room, and who he'd become as an OC outside of Kubiak's influence. He does have the mentality and mental make-up that projects well as a Head Coach.

McDaniels is brilliant but too volatile. The other coaches aren't what the Browns need.

The more I've dug in on Daboll he's become my #2 Head Coaching candidate behind Schwartz because of his Head Coaching foundational skill set. I don't like him as an OC at all. No one sees Daboll favorably.

Schwartz number 1 by a wide margin.... then Daboll... then Stefanski

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was told by someone in Berea that a McDaniels/Berry tandem can't be ruled out  til after Berry's interview, as in it could work if they see things similarly.

Florio said he might be a candidate for McDaniels earlier 

1 minute ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I was told by someone in Berea that a McDaniels/Berry tandem can't be ruled out  til after Berry's interview, as in it could work if they see things similarly.

This.... would be madness..

Berry is on the opposite side of the spectrum and would serve as a great counter-balance for McDaniels. In my mind, I just don't see that Josh would mesh well with Andrew without bulldozing him or going for a power grab at some point.

Ed Dodds is his own man and personality and wouldn't acquiesce to McDaniels. I wonder if his relationship with Chris Ballard would strain he and McDaniels working relationship at all. If not, Dodds and McDaniels philosophically are a good fit.

It's interesting that McDaniels was willing to go work with Ballard. Maybe he trusts Dodds as well.

I personally don't think the Haslam's are willing to make some of the organizational changes that McDaniels would desire, but that's all just personal sense.

• Like 1

So Schwartz over Saleh because why? Stop overthinking this. Saleh is a great communicator which this team desperately needs and he will bringing someone good to coach up the offense, either Mike McDaniels or Mike LaFluer. Going with Schwartz isn't going to do a damn thing. 

Hate how these teams just recycle the same coaches. But that leads to bad teams staying bad. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Schwartz over Saleh because why? Stop overthinking this. Saleh is a great communicator which this team desperately needs and he will bringing someone good to coach up the offense, either Mike McDaniels or Mike LaFluer. Going with Schwartz isn't going to do a damn thing. 

Hate how these teams just recycle the same coaches. But that leads to bad teams staying bad. 

I don’t think anyone thinks it’s going to be Schwartz