The 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 begins 11am CST

WindyCity

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I mean, he did average 15 carries and just over 2 targets per game last year. I know that was average and not minimum weekly attempts but a lot of the time he wasn't getting carries because the run game was so bad - specifically the OL mostly. He needs better OL and QB play to be fairly graded though. He was hit behind the LOS an embarrassing amount of times, we pretty much all clamored about that. 

I'm not sold that he is a true bellcow back that is a primary feature of an offense but he deserves another shot. I'd like to at least see him get some real competition though. 

I think that’s the plan too. I’m expecting a vet signing once the draft happens and the window for signings impacting the comp pick formula has passed. There are a bunch of guys capable of being a 1b or a 2 RB out there who will be able to be had for really low numbers. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The most exciting thing that can happen tonight... is that the Bears do not trade up into the 1st.

I am going to be waiting with bated breath every time until the 32nd pick is in.

Unless there is a QB free falling that we could have a 5th year option with I don't see any reason to trade into the 1st. 

I'll be holding my breath with you though. lol

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Unless there is a QB free falling that we could have a 5th year option with I don't see any reason to trade into the 1st. 

I'll be holding my breath with you though. lol

There is always a reason #conviction

Just watched a bunch of Hamler... I dunno... I don't think there is anything special about this kid. He has speed/burst but it doesn't jump off the screen at me like you see with a Tyreek Hill (who I'm well aware is a freak).

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I disagree wholeheartedly with just about all of this. I think Montgomery made a lot out of nothing a whole bunch last year. I’d love to see a cut up of all of his 2019 runs, but I’d bet he was hit at or behind the LOS last year on 20% or more of his carries. That’s ridiculous. I also think the gross overuse of Cohen (who IS a complementary piece miscast in a primary role) significantly took away from the versatility that’s one of the strongest parts of Montgomery’s game. Calling Montgomery’s hands decent is a pretty significant understatement too IMO. 

The play-calling, OL and QB have nothing to do with his limited ability as a player.  Being able to shed tackles and making guys miss is great asset to have but it takes more than that to be an every down back. His explosiveness (or lack there of) in the open field leaves alot to be desired. 

he would be a perfect situational #2 though. 3rd and short, goal line, 4th Q to run clock, etc. 

@RunningVaccs i think I’ve come up with some drinking game rules for tonight:

- Every time someone mentions the phrase “these uncertain/unprecedented/etc. times”

- Every time they show a GMs homemade war room setup

- Every time they show Trubisky being drafted in 2017 or mention it (finish your beer)

- Every time there’s a technical error due to the new setup

- Every time a family member appears in the screen of someone broadcasting from home (Goodell, analysts, GMs, etc)

Im sure there’s other appropriate rules that I’m not coming up with right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dafreak said:

The draft will be on ABC, ESPN and NFL Network. Which station will you be watching and why.

Being in the UK I have always watched it on the Network...sky sports are showing every round this year for the first time which should be pretty good for a lot of people over here...for me the draft is not the draft without Eisen.

48 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

- Every time someone mentions the phrase “these uncertain/unprecedented/etc. times”

- Every time they show Trubisky being drafted in 2017 or mention it (finish your beer)

- Every time a family member appears in the screen of someone broadcasting from home (Goodell, analysts, GMs, etc)

We'll all likely die. And there's already a virus out there!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

- Every time they mention Josh Rosen