Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, vikes635 said:

Seeing how we have had a busy offseason already, I decided to fire up TDN mock machine and see what i get.

By the time pick 22 came there was 4wr's, 4OT's, 4CB's, 3QB's, 2Edge, 2IDL, 1LB, 1s all gone. I considered Ruiz or Austin Jackson here but didn't end up taking either with pick 22 nor 25. This is how my draft played out though.

22. A.J Epenesa DE                   167. J.R. Reed S

25. N. Gallimore DT                   201. L Bowden WR

58. D. Arnette CB                       205. K Martin LB

89. T. Biadasz IOL                     219.  S. Montez QB

105 T. Johnson WR                   249. L Hill CB

132 T. Adams OT                       Last K. Ismael IOL

I don't think there is a chance some of these guys drop as far as they did but If this is how it played out on draft day, I would be extremely Happy 

I don't like both 1st going on the DLine especially with Andre track record of developing mid-round DEs. Give me Gallimore and OL/WR prospect. I wouldn't even mind a CB if Zimmer gives his word he won't redshirt them.  

Edited by dc_vikingfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dc_vikingfan said:

I don't like both 1st going on the DLine especially with Andre track record of developing mid-round DEs. Give me Gallimore and OL/WR prospect. I wouldn't even mind a CB if Zimmer gives his word he won't redshirt them.  

I hear ya there, IRL I probably would have pulled the trigger on OT Austin Jackson but I was also playing the websites predictions and thought I had a shot at landing someone like Prince Tega Wonogho in the second. I also felt A.J Epenesa was just too good of prospect to pass on. If one of the CBs or OTs would have fell obviously thats the route I would have gone.

• Like 2

I want us to re-sign Alexander but I get the feeling we are going to re-sign Cook.

After drafting a back in the 3rd last year who was extremely efficient.

And after watching Boone boom onto the scene

And seeing that Abdullah is an effective 3rd down back who can be brought back cheap.

I still trust the process, but I still worry a bit too.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I want us to re-sign Alexander but I get the feeling we are going to re-sign Cook.

And seeing that Abdullah is an effective 3rd down back who can be brought back cheap.

Alexander is a free agent, Cook is not.  Cook, if extended, won't happen until free agency is over, as has been reported...and will have no impact on the cap this year, as the contract wouldn't go into effect until 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we could get a back in this draft in the 4th or later that would beat out Boone and Abdullah the butcher.  If we wanted to.

We have so many picks, it couldn't hurt.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

If everything is up to date on OTC we have ~$11.5M in cap space. If Ant-Man is traded that goes up the ~$23M.

The cap space is wasted this year if there are no free agents left to sign. Unless they are worked on a deal with Griffen pending clearing more cash. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

They would more likely re-sign some of our own FAs then bring in any outside players anyway.

At this stage, there’s a real need for a veteran CB and WR. Curious to see how they handle that because I can’t imagine they will be heavy on rookies starting in those spots. Could see Griffen and Sendejo back at some point too. Any hope for Alexander?

Edited by vikingsrule

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Alexander is a free agent, Cook is not.  Cook, if extended, won't happen until free agency is over, as has been reported...and will have no impact on the cap this year, as the contract wouldn't go into effect until 2021.

And the cap in following years? For a RB? When your team has one DB, 2DL, and one good WR? It's a mistake to pay a RB real money.

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

And the cap in following years? For a RB? When your team has one DB, 2DL, and one good WR? It's a mistake to pay a RB real money.

None of us have any idea whether they will have just 1 DB, 2DL and 1 good WR in 2021.  For all we know, Hughes and Hill could be just as good, if not better than Rhodes and Waynes, and they could draft stud players along the DL and a WR in this draft.  

Hell, when they drafted Diggs in the 5th round, we had no idea he would be as good as he was...we thought we were going to have to rely on Mike Wallace, and hoping that Cordarrelle would take a step up to grab the #2 spot.  

• Like 1