Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

They were't close to a SB team last year. Most teams have lots of good players....that doesn't make them legit SB contenders. Looking at the team, and adding a couple ok starters in FA, and drafting like they have been, do you see a SB team? Without Griffen, Joseph, and Diggs? They need to replace those players to stay even......

They were close. Losing to the 49ers who went to the Super Bowl makes you close to a SB team. The 49ers could have won it all the way they were able to run the ball -- and they forgot to do that against the Chiefs.

I agree/admit that the team may take a slight step back this season, but hopefully will still make the playoffs. In 2 years from now the team may be in a position to win it all. If not then yes -- probably blow it all up. It would be a good time to do so given Cousins' contract length.

If you blow it all up now we're looking at 5+ years to get back into real playoff contention again. 

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Yeah I’d hate this move. Was knowwhere to be seen after November and his injury history is concerning.

He was #4 in rushing attempts and #7 in yards from scrimmage last season.

Wait to see how much they're offering him before hating the move as he's obviously worth extending.

28 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

And cut two starting DL. 

I feel like this is something that opens the door for trading Diggs.  Because of our salary cap situation, we were forced to create a lot of holes.  One way to fill those holes is to trade a player who brings multiple players back.

47 minutes ago, babababa said:

He was #4 in rushing attempts and #7 in yards from scrimmage last season.

Wait to see how much they're offering him before hating the move as he's obviously worth extending.

He should have been used less down the stretch in favor of Mattison. His efficiency numbers suggest he wasn’t very good in the second half off the year. He ran wild on some bad teams early on and was amazing week 2 against Green Bay, but I don’t know how you can’t be underwhelmed with consistently putting up below 4 YPC.

• Like 2