Moving On To 2020/2021.

gopherwrestler

41 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

There’s not going to be a QB available for us in Round 1 or 2 that’s worth drafting. QB isn’t a need, resigning our existing franchise QB is. 

Reports say Cousins has turned down multiple extension offer so far this offseason,  so he may be waiting to see what Dak gets or see what teams get stable options after free agency and the draft.  If Love falls to us then he may just be the option. (But I don't think he will)

48 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

There’s not going to be a QB available for us in Round 1 or 2 that’s worth drafting. QB isn’t a need, resigning our existing franchise QB is. 

I would think about a trade up in the second to take a shot at Jalen Hurts. 

7 minutes ago, vikestyle said:

I would think about a trade up in the second to take a shot at Jalen Hurts. 

No thanks. Not because I don’t like him as a player, but because we need to use those early round picks to fill in holes at OG, DT, CB, etc... 

There isn’t a QB in the league that can win a SB with a terrible OL.  Until we get that figured out, I don’t see any reason to get my hopes up for the Vikings.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

This impacts his development IMO. The threat of a marijuana suspension is eliminated.

I agree with your 2nd statement. 

The threat of a suspension for using marijuana is gone but that is not the only reason that the team could not count on Holton Hill. Hill was suspended last year under the  performance enhancing drugs policy as well as the substance abuse policy. If the knucklehead is getting suspended for both of those things you almost have to assume he'll find his way to a suspension again.  PEDs are still an issue as are missed tests.  I would not count on Hill to be part of the team. If they get some contributions from him that will be a nice bonus.

On 3/13/2020 at 8:15 AM, MikeT14 said:

TCMD Draft update:

1st round: Austin Jackson
2nd round: Damon Arnette
3rd round: used to move up
4th round: Kenny Willekes, DE, MSU
4th round (comp): Larrell Murchison, DT, NC State
6th round: JJ Taylor, RB, Arizona

I have 4 7th rounders. Pretty much going to go BPA, but am also looking to target a QB, O-Line, LB, Special teams guys, a WR more or less.

Your 7th rounders:

Kalija Lipscomb - WR - Vanderbilt
Carter Coughlin - OLB - Minnesota
Reggie Floyd - S - Virginia Tech
Kenny Cooper - OC - Georgia Tech

Ideally when it all gets put up, I'll show you all the complete roster with the guys I have and (if it happens) you all can help me make cuts and roster decisions. 

32 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

The threat of a suspension for using marijuana is gone but that is not the only reason that the team could not count on Holton Hill. Hill was suspended last year under the  performance enhancing drugs policy as well as the substance abuse policy. If the knucklehead is getting suspended for both of those things you almost have to assume he'll find his way to a suspension again.  PEDs are still an issue as are missed tests.  I would not count on Hill to be part of the team. If they get some contributions from him that will be a nice bonus.

Admittedly, I did forget about the PEDs. 

• Like 1

I guess we will have to see how Free Agency shakes out, but I would like to see this scenario play out:

WAS drafts Tua

Miami drafts Love

Vikings trade 4th round pick to WAS for Dwayne Haskins

Vikings trade 5th round pick to MIA for Josh Rosen

Vikings use 1st round pick on LT

Vikings use 2nd round pick on DT/CB

Vikings use their 3rd round picks on DT/CB/S/OG

Kirk gets a year to audition for Free Agency behind a better line. Haskins/Rosen sit for a year, battle in camp next year after a year of familiarity with the system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

Reports say Cousins has turned down multiple extension offer so far this offseason,  so he may be waiting to see what Dak gets or see what teams get stable options after free agency and the draft.  If Love falls to us then he may just be the option. (But I don't think he will)

Wasn't there reports that he was waiting for the new CBA to get done? Now that it is maybe he'll be more open to it

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

The PED that Hill used was a substance used to try and mask the marijuana. So, suspension no longer possible for pot, I wouldn’t really worry about PEDs either. 

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Wasn't there reports that he was waiting for the new CBA to get done? Now that it is maybe he'll be more open to it

Perhaps.  I had not seen that anywhere.  Either way, I don't expect any of the top QBs to fall within striking range and I don't know how confident I would be in any of the tier 2 or 3 QBs going forward.

If they could get James Morgan in the later rounds that would be nice.

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think he'd be a fool not to wait until Dak, Teddy, Brady, etc. sign.

Let's be honest, after Tannehill, the ultimate game manager, just signed a contract bigger than Kirk's current deal, Kirk isn't taking a hometown deal to be paid less than Ryan Tannehill who now has the 6th biggest contract in the league.

That's just Tannehill. Wait until Dak signs. Hell, Teddy may even get a bigger deal than Kirk's current contract.

Kirk will be getting $100 mil guaranteed with his next deal. How the hell do we keep him and not cripple the team's cap for the next 3-5 years?

Now, I'm not saying I don't want him signed just curious as to how we'll do it and not have any money issues for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228