Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can dig that.

I will say though in my experience guys who have better talent inexplicably look smarter.

Agreed.  I also think it helps if you utilize the talent you do have, ESPECIALLY when you are missing key pieces.

Listen we will be fine if we keep Wilks.  I just think if were changing over the team we would be better off with someone else.  Someone who will bring the talent of our current players out more.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Interesting.

”I want a guy who molds his scheme around players”.

”I also wanted a guy who has more or less run the same scheme for every team he’s coached for 30 years”

Fair to point out that contradiction. But to me there are two ways a coordinator can be successful (to make things extremely simple)..

One: A coordinator can adapt his scheme to fit his players and get the most out of the talent he has.

Two: A coordinator has a scheme he generally sticks to and makes the players play within that scheme.

If you're an "option two" coordinator with no track record of success why would I be interested in you? But, if you're an "option two" coordinator with historical success.. yes please.

Wade Phillips defenses have finished inside the Top 12 of PFF's defensive rankings 12/13 times since '06 [(didn't coach in '14) I got these stats from that Phillips/PFF tweet]. They finished inside the Top 8 8/13 years. I'm okay with Wade Phillips coming in here and installing a scheme that has historically fared well on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

More context on Joe Woods....

Many reports out there Chris Harris, Aquib Talib, and other Broncos defenders publicly criticized Joe Woods as screwing up Wade Phillips and defense and calling bad plays especially in critical moments.

Although Woods had a top 10 DVOA defense his first year, that was coming off the #1 and #2 DVOA Defensive Efficiency Defense the prior year(s).

Ultimately, he was fired not just because a new HC was coming in, but also because players lost faith in his ability to put them in winning situations.

Learning this info let's me know that we really need to still go after the real mccoy in Wade Phillips or someone else.

Maybe George Edwards should be the guy over Woods and Wilks, but the Woods over Wilks decision isn't so clear.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

More context on Joe Woods....

Many reports out there Chris Harris, Aquib Talib, and other Broncos defenders publicly criticized Joe Woods as screwing up Wade Phillips and defense and calling bad plays especially in critical moments.

Although Woods had a top 10 DVOA defense his first year, that was coming off the #1 and #2 DVOA Defensive Efficiency Defense the prior year(s).

Ultimately, he was fired not just because a new HC was coming in, but also because players lost faith in his ability to put them in winning situations.

Learning this info let's me know that we really need to still go after the real mccoy in Wade Phillips or someone else.

Maybe George Edwards should be the guy over Woods and Wilks, but the Woods over Wilks decision isn't so clear.

One of the great thinga about increased player power , stars know when their coaches are bad, and how to influence the team so they move on. Rip Freddie.