Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

Just now, gopherwrestler said:

You don’t want that offense. It was miserable. 

Not only that, but wasn't Flip fired to make way for Stefanski?  Something tells me they may not be best buds at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong @gopherwrestler, but the Vikes cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball coaching wise, and the only one who survived was Stefanski.

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

Two very good DE's? We have one. We've got one good linebacker (who may leave). Then FS (who may leave). Need a box safety and then depth.

Vernon is a good DE, Garrett is an elite DE. Just because he had a down year doesn’t mean he is garbage. Mack looked fine as a rookie and should take a step forward next year especially if a defense will utilize his athletic ability. 

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not only that, but wasn't Flip fired to make way for Stefanski?  Something tells me they may not be best buds at this point.

Correct me if I'm wrong @gopherwrestler, but the Vikes cleaned house on the offensive side of the ball coaching wise, and the only one who survived was Stefanski.

Yes I believe the same. Maybe they got along, but being ones replacement probably would make things a little odd.

sort of. After the 2018 season we brought in the Kubiaks, and Klint took the QB coach job after Stefanski was promoted. Then the Kubiaks basically brought Rick Dennison in as their OL coach. Along with hiring a TE coach. The RB coach and WR coach stayed. This is sort of the reason we believe Klint will most likely be promoted to the OC here in Minnesota. Paul Allen our PA announcer and host the Vikings Radio program is usually pretty in tune with what position we draft, who we draft, and usually even coaching jobs. He out of the blue nailed JDF and Pat Shurmur, and now he’s pretty high on Klint being promoted to OC.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t want flip as a coordinator, but he’s a solid QB coach.

He did good stuff here with McCown and made JFF as viable as any human could.

This is where I would want him also. More than likely that would be the job he would get after getting fired midseason at one job, then making it one season and being dropped at the next job. 

To me its about constantly trying to fit round pegs into square holes.

I did NOT like Wilks last year.  Ward and Greedy are more man corners and they played way too much zone.  Our strength was our depth at CB most of the year and we constantly tried to play a 3rd safety instead of a 3rd CB.  I want someone who will adjust the scheme to the players strengths.  Not the other way around.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

To me its about constantly trying to fit round pegs into square holes.

I did NOT like Wilks last year.  Ward and Greedy are more man corners and they played way too much zone.  Our strength was our depth at CB most of the year and we constantly tried to play a 3rd safety instead of a 3rd CB.  I want someone who will adjust the scheme to the players strengths.  Not the other way around.  

Agreed. Ward and Greedy were still solid, but I don't think Wilks got the best out of them.

I wouldn't be totally against bringing Wilks back, but I'd prefer to go in another direction. Our defense showed flashes at times - like the first Ravens game and the Rams game - and that was without quite a few of our key players. But then they looked awful against some pretty bad offenses. We lost our best player in Garrett and it's not like you're going to just replace him, but our lack of a pass rush was just embarrassing once Garrett was gone.

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Even though he was under fire for various things this season, I cannot believe Scangarello is available.

It would be an unbelievable win to get him on the Browns staff and we need to at all costs.

There couldn't possibly be a better fit.

Not only is he an elite QB coach according to many respected coaches in the league, but he's "Philosophically our approach is the zone run system, play action-system created and modernized by Mike Shanahan and grown under Kyle Shanahan phenomenally. I got my first start with that system under Tom Cable...."   Kyle Shanahan originally blocked him from going to the Broncos as OC because "Rich's a tremendous QB coach and what he does for our offense can't be replaced."

Shanahan then relented when he was assured by John Elway and Vic Fangio that Scangarello would get primary and full control of the play-calling, as well as have stability.

Scangarello is familiar with the 49ers/Shanahan system (in Atlanta and San Fran) and he himself employs a heavy play-action, zone run scheme. He also does a good job integrating QB coaching with overall understanding of the offense as all good QB coaches do.

He could come here and be QB Coach with OC upside allowing he and Stefanski to collaboratively lead the offense

The Broncos maximized Brandon Allen as much as possible before enjoying breakout with Drew Lock. Flacco was washed. The overall offense numbers aren't great but there's was great development and coordination work done this year.

His offense is a hybrid between the Shanahan offense with more RPO game utilized from his time as a college OC. Believes that the "easiest mismatch to make in the NFL is the RB and the LB and that has to be exploited all the time." Also, believes in the sameness of play presentation before variation like Kyle and Stefanski/Kubiak.

https://thednvr.com/broncos-film-room-an-inside-look-at-the-offense-rich-scangarello-is-bringing-to-denver/

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/11/8/20954589/film-rich-scangarellos-breakout-game.

Mike McDaniel is an ivy league guy but has no OC experience and isn't a quality QB coach. I've spoken many times previously regarding how we cannot risk his battles with alcoholism derailing the Browns progress. Mike LaFleur is a great option, but Scangarello is just as good if not better of a candidate.

Stefanski may have already decided who his OC/QBC would be as no one really knew Scangarello would be fired., but hiring him should be priority number 1 for Stefanski's staff.

LaFleur or Scangarello would be a win... Scangarello and we really win

I really hope Stefanski didn't finalize the position(s) yet.

--------------------------

---------------------------

Joe Wood had a top 10/top 5 Defense his first year as Coordinator that was number 1 against the pass. Von Miller and Chris Harris raved about him. Starting Stefanski's staff off with Scangarello and Wood would be special.

With the Vikings firing DeFilippo, they will now be the Browns biggest competition for Rich Scangarello (assuming they don't promote one of the Kubiaks) as Zimmers has stated that he wants to keep the same system intact.

If I were us, I'd stay away from DeFilippo as it would be better for us to hire a QBC that has the zone, play-action philosophy at their core. That would allow us to groom a successor and also allow the QB training to integrate offensive understanding as well.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

With the Vikings firing DeFilippo, they will now be the Browns biggest competition for Rich Scangarello (assuming they don't promote one of the Kubiaks) as Zimmers has stated that he wants to keep the same system intact.

If I were us, I'd stay away from DeFilippo as it would be better for us to hire a QBC that has the zone, play-action philosophy at their core. That would allow us to groom a successor and also allow the QB training to integrate offensive understanding as well.

The other TheFlower, is that who you want then?

40 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

You don’t want that offense. It was miserable. 

You guys talked like he never ran the ball...he did plenty here.

His issue here was he never really got in a groove and didn't play enough to Minshews strengths.