AFC Championship Titans@Chiefs

x0x

Who you got?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. 2020 AFC Champion Is?

• Kansas City Chiefs
    • Tennessee Titans

2 hours ago, Hukos said:

Can the Chiefs supreme high-end talent bail out Andy Reid's playoff ineptitude? For his sake, it better. If the Chiefs don't go to the Super Bowl, we need to have a long talk Andy Reid as a head coach.

For all of this talk about Andy Reid's playoff ineptitude.... wheres the QB? It's well known to win a super bowl you either gotta have "that guy" at QB or an all world defense. I'm looking at Reid's past rosters and seeing evidence of neither.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Apologies if you are not implying this, but you realize Tannehil is not a Game Manager right? He just finished with the highest YPA in the Super Bowl Era. Yes, highest, ever. And 4th Highest Passer Rating in NFL History. He has been a gunslinger this season, with very little turnovers.

People who give Henry all the credit don't watch the Titan games. They are both equal to each other's success. Henry averaged 3.0 with Mariota and 5.0 with Tannehil. A huge difference.

You missed the very next paragraph explaining what I meant. Tannehil is not beating the Chiefs IMO throwing for less then 100 yds, for his 3rd straight playoff game. Completing 7 or 8 passes and staying one dimensional in this game.

Titans have all the makings of turning this game into a NYG/NE type SB score. Phenomenal running game, Defense playing Great and the QB managing but not losing you the game.

However, IMO Tannehil will have to Pass the ball more then he has had to the past two games to keep pace with Mahomes and the Chiefs. 

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

For all of this talk about Andy Reid's playoff ineptitude.... wheres the QB? It's well known to win a super bowl you either gotta have "that guy" at QB or an all world defense. I'm looking at Reid's past rosters and seeing evidence of neither.

Then your obviously to young to remember the Early 2000's Eagles where he actually had both! However back then Andy was to Stupid to stay Balanced as a playcaller despite a 3 headed Rushing attack of Duce Staley, Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter and Top 5 Defenses! Instead he spent those years asking Donovan McNabb to throw the ball 70% of the time most games with one of the worse WR cores in history. TO in 04', singular exception.

Be glad or hope, With Age came Wisdom or Andy's about to do the same with Mahomes. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

I love what the Titans have done but it's also Martyball. I saw that formula not work in the playoffs so many times its hard to think it can keep working against competent quarterbacks.

The reliance on uncharacteristic turnovers(trying hard not to say luck because I know it offends) and the defense making critical stops while the plodding run game finishes those drives with touchdowns.

It's a solid strategy but for some reason teams keep mortgaging their draft to get a QB better than Tannehil.

40 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

You missed the very next paragraph explaining what I meant. Tannehil is not beating the Chiefs IMO throwing for less then 100 yds, for his 3rd straight playoff game. Completing 7 or 8 passes and staying one dimensional in this game.

Titans are like the Csonka-led Dolphins, who won two Super Bowls while hardly throwing any passes. 

Everybody knows Henry is going to get the ball, and nobody is stopping him. And it's wonderful to behold! So old school

I think some people are overrating KC's offensive performance. 3 of their TD drives avged 27 yds. That's 21 points. Which were all on the back of big ST plays. The failed fake punt, big Hardman return and the Carter return fumble. But KC's offense was dominant in the redzone. They just converted at will into TDs instead of FG's. But they weren't consistently going up and down the distance of the field.

This game will be a defensive battle i think. 17-14 type score.

Conventional logic says KC is gonna wipe the floor with the Titans which brings me to my prediction.

27-21 Tennessee

Tbh I expect the Chiefs to win and win big but just like I said before the Ravens game, if the Titans can keep the KC offense off the field, wear down that defense, play ball control.with Henry, they got a shot.

If they cant do those things....

42-17 KC

Edited by wwhickok