2018 Draft thread - PICK THE FASTEST GUY AVAILABLE

NightTrainLane

4 minutes ago, Madleg81 said:

This is why I hate the Doug Martin signing.  This is deep RB class but I get the impression we won't be looking at any of these prospects because of the vets we have already signed....which is stupid because I can see all 4 of our backs being gone after this season.  Not 1 of them is a long term prospect that can grow with Carr and this Oline.

Agree 100%. I get the impression they will look past the RB class until late which will be a mistake. They don't keep Lynch add Martin and draft a quality back in round 2 sadly. They will regret not getting a back in this class. 1st round talents will be going late into round 2 because of the depth.

6 minutes ago, Madleg81 said:

This is why I hate the Doug Martin signing.  This is deep RB class but I get the impression we won't be looking at any of these prospects because of the vets we have already signed....which is stupid because I can see all 4 of our backs being gone after this season.  Not 1 of them is a long term prospect that can grow with Carr and this Oline.

I don't get that impression at all. I think if Barkely is there in the 1st we take him (he won't be) and if Guice is there in the 2nd we take him. I don't think Martin or the twins stop us from adding to the position.

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

1) Reports are Niners like Guice better than Barkey for their offense. 2) They just paid Mckinnon top 5 RB money. 3) They have a needs on defense and Oline

I saw a report that teams in the top 7 are not high on Barkley given position and depth of this RB class. 

And when have teams or agents floated "reports" to try to influence matters haha.

I'm not saying either of those are made up or you or I are right or wrong. Just pointing out that talent is the only real thing you can trust at this stage.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why does it feel like Barkley is going to fall right in the Raiders lap and they are going to pass on him? 

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why does it feel like Barkley is going to fall right in the Raiders lap and they are going to pass on him? 

No way he falls to 10. Generational talent doesn’t drop like that. 

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

No way he falls to 10. Generational talent doesn’t drop like that. 

I agree, he shouldn't fall. But stranger things have happened in the draft. With the stacked class of RB,  teams could be thinking they can get value in round 2 and 3. That could drop him when you consider the possibility 4 QBs going in the top 10 and possible trades from teams coming up. 

Browns - QB

Giants - Nelson or next QB (possible trade out)

Jets - QB

Browns -Maybe but I see Dorsey now with Hyde valuing RB later ~  Chubb / Fitz

Broncos - QB 

Tampa - Biggest threat. They are void at RB. But have major holes on defense that could have them looking RB in round 2

Chicago - Already have Howard ~ they go defense

49ers - Just paid McKinnon top 5 money. Have holes on defense. Would be surprise here and are said to like Guice

There is certainly more hype by the media /draft twitter post combine. But that doesn't mean teams are thinking the same. Just a fund scenario to consider. If he was actually there.... would the Raiders take him? I have my doubts. 

I did a 3 round mock for the mock draft forum and this is how the Raiders turned out:

Dallas Cowboys trade 1.19, 2.50, and 2019 2nd round pick to Oakland Raiders for 1.10

3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT

1.19 (from Dallas) - Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame

2.41 - Donte Jackson, DB, LSU

2.50 (from Dallas) - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

3.75 - Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I agree, he shouldn't fall. But stranger things have happened in the draft. With the stacked class of RB,  teams could be thinking they can get value in round 2 and 3. That could drop him when you consider the possibility 4 QBs going in the top 10 and possible trades from teams coming up. 

Browns - QB

Jets - QB

Broncos - QB 

Tampa - Biggest threat. They are void at RB. But have major holes on defense that could have them looking RB in round 2

49ers - Just paid McKinnon top 5 money. Have holes on defense. Would be surprise here and are said to like Guice

There is certainly more hype by the media /draft twitter post combine. But that doesn't mean teams are thinking the same. Just a fund scenario to consider. If he was actually there.... would the Raiders take him? I have my doubts. 

I see all the teams ahead of us possibly feeling with the RB depth this year they can get a quality back in the 2nd or even 3rd and there's really only 3 teams I see possibly going RB in the top 10 (not including us).

Indy - by moving back to 6, they may feel he's worth the pick outside the top 5. I think top 5 would make a team think twice about a RB. Unless the situation is unique like Dallas with a top Oline who's season fell apart prior due to injuries. They may feel they need to shift their thinking and try building around a young potential star RB while Lucks health is still in limbo. 

Tampa - they've been adding skill guys since getting Winston and they might feel the best offense talent is too good to pass... much like last year with OJ. Plus they may feel they need to take the pressure off Winston because he is so turnover prone.

Chicago - if Barkley is still on the board and they can flip Howard for a mid round pick, I can see them going after a true all around 3 down RB to help Trubisky. They are very predictable with their play calling packages with Howard & Cohen.

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I did a 3 round mock for the mock draft forum and this is how the Raiders turned out:

Dallas Cowboys trade 1.19, 2.50, and 2019 2nd round pick to Oakland Raiders for 1.10

3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT

1.19 (from Dallas) - Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame

2.41 - Donte Jackson, DB, LSU

2.50 (from Dallas) - Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU

3.75 - Darius Leonard, LB, South Carolina State

Outside of not knowing much about Jackson, I'd be ecstatic with this. We may even get a little more in return considering how much the Jets paid to move up only 3 spots.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Browns - QB

Jets - QB

Broncos - QB 

People were saying that last year and McCaffrey went #7 overall and Fournette #4, noway Barkley even sniffs 10.

5 minutes ago, Totty said:

If Barkley is there at 10 and he isn't our pick, I'm burning Oakland to the ground.  

Yeah like all of Oakland. Just to be sure we gonna go ahead and blaze Almeda County lol. But honestly if he falls to us and we pass I'd be very distraught. On another note. When I see Davenport I keep thinking Mack light. If he can be 3/4 of what Mack is then he would be a steal and would make our D formidable. But in all honesty I don' care who we pick. All I want from this entire draft is 2 or more guys that are still on the team for their third contract. I' so tired of drafting guys and then four or five years down the line we have nothing to show for that draft.

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

1) Reports are Niners like Guice better than Barkey for their offense. 2) They just paid Mckinnon top 5 RB money. 3) They have a needs on defense and Oline

I saw a report that teams in the top 7 are not high on Barkley given position and depth of this RB class. 

Barkley available at 10 would be something...would you pull the trigger?

Archived