Astros cheat-Lunhow/Hinch fired-Manfred clueless

KhanYouDigIt

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28714873/mlb-commissioner-rob-manfred-defends-punishment-astros

Backs up what @ramssuperbowl99 has said. The issue was going to be the union's reaction to player suspensions as to why no player was punished. Doesn't mention CBA talks, but that is pretty obvious given that there is no reason to care about individual grievances on their own.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Is there video/audio of garbage can banging after 2017 or just the whistling allegations?

I couldnt tell you other than I believe they stopped the garbage can stuff after 2017  -  after  -  again, it got them a WS - which from one perspective is the very last time you quit it. Why quit something that just cashed in?

Which is what prompted my question: has any Astro player (or Friers) gone on record saying why they quit or changed methods (?) and when?

The Astro guys are pretty much saying now - it ended after 2017 - but they're tap dancing around use and effectiveness in the playoffs/WS  -  for obvious reasons  (they dont want to taint the ring)  -  but again  - have direct questions about it been asked and answered? It would seem a total no-brainer for some reporters to be pushing these questions, but cant say I've heard it - or more precise: I've not heard the answers.

MLB has said it went on longer - in what form or fashion (whistles/buzzers....) is unclear to me personally and not a detail I need to know in the overall scope. Sure, it would be interesting to know methods - but it went on. Thats ultimately all that matters to me.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

...did, did Rob Manfred just tell us all to keep cyber bullying the Astros?

I dont think they're moved by cyber bullying - but - my hope is the fans in the stands let them hear it loud, clear and often - and agree with the thrust of Manfred's comment: Shaming these guys unmercifully will have a greater affect than hitting them with pitches (although I can understand the pitchers mentality and intent in doing so).

Just keep letting them know....over and over....they're cheaters.

Fans cant bring trash cans into stadium.....which is unfortunate.....the cacophony would be something to hear.

I think there was definitely some truth to what Correa was saying in that interview. There was a lot of bold faced lies as well, especially the first few minutes and that whole thing about Jim crane was cringe worthy. 

I wish he would have said how he really felt about the dodgers. Pretty obvious what the underlying statement was "yes I do believe they did the same thing but I am not going to say it because it will make me look even worse than I do already"

Honestly, the yankees publicly stated they thought the astros were stealing signs in the ALCS. If you were playing them in the WS immediately after, would you use multiple signs when no one is on base?? 100% yes. Everyone says this was one of the worst kept secrets out there. So, they obviously knew. Doesn't absolve the astros from blame, but the dodgers players complaining about it is a touch funny to me for this reason. Not only did the league know, the public knew as well. 

Its like when your team is playing BB in the superbowl and you use the same audibles etc you used last week. You know this is their SOP. If you pretend nothing is going on, then that's a fast way to only score 3 points 

I called out the dodgers for stealing signs against bum in a game in 2019 at dodgers stadium after he had the dust up with muncy. Was completely blatant. Its why I think Ken rosenthall asked correa if he thought they were doing it too, because they absolutely were.

Also, why do all commissioners suck except for adam silver?