Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

My draft hot takes:

Young will succeed and be a top 8ish QB for his career.

Mine is that Young will look decent early on like Murray, Tua, Baker, etc, and get the same hype they all got (MVP 2024 incoming!), then get banged up or otherwise lose some effectiveness, and the league will stop pretending size doesn't matter for a QB. 

5 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I just don’t see the Richardson early hype. 

One of these guys is going to fall Im just not sure which. Happens every year. There is going to be one of them on the board still outside of the top 15, maybe into the 20s. I dont think its going to be like Malik Willis last year who was projected to be in the 1st round and slid all the way to the 3rd but there is going to be a slide for someone.

It should be Will Levis as the obvious candidate, but there is too much smoke in IND actually liking him that it makes me think its going to be Richardson. Far too underdeveloped as a passer and your going to have to redesign your entire offense around him to succeed. If its him that falls and is still on the board at 18-25, I bet those are the reasons you will hear from Adam Schefter reporting.

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mine is that Young will look decent early on like Murray, Tua, Baker, etc, and get the same hype they all got (MVP 2024 incoming!), then get banged up or otherwise lose some effectiveness, and the league will stop pretending size doesn't matter for a QB. 

We are in a weird space with QB evaluation where how good a prospect actually throws a football is like 3rd on evaluators priority list behind 'intangibles' and how athletic a QB is.

If one of the 4 QB's slides into the teens, I gotta imagine Minnesota will be calling everyone to move up. I'm sure O'Connell wants to get "his guy", and it would be the perfect situation for any of the raw prospects to sit behind Kirk for a year.

5 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If one of the 4 QB's slides into the teens, I gotta imagine Minnesota will be calling everyone to move up. I'm sure O'Connell wants to get "his guy", and it would be the perfect situation for any of the raw prospects to sit behind Kirk for a year.

I can't imagine any team doesn't demand their '24 FRP as part of the trade compensation.

The last several years I’ve either worked the entirety of the draft or scrambled to find anything resembling nfl draft live coverage. This year I get to choose now. Which coverage is better: NFLN or ESPN?

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

The last several years I’ve either worked the entirety of the draft or scrambled to find anything resembling nfl draft live coverage. This year I get to choose now. Which coverage is better: NFLN or ESPN?

I'm an NFLN stan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is the big difference between Jalen Hurts and Anthony Richardson besides their size? I guess im just surprised he is projected so highly compared to how Jalen was perceived but maybe Richardson gets the benefit of the doubt bc Jalen is a beast now

Richardson has a MUCH stronger arm, which allows him to make insanely high level of difficulty throws. He's also bigger, as you mentioned. Jalen Hurts was a little more fine tuned as a passer coming into the draft (that year at Oklahoma was awesome for him), but Richardson has a lot more natural talent. The running abilities are definitely similar.

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

NFLN is much better IMO, though you can flip between the two to find your preference. The only thing ESPN really has is their iconic jingle but I've grown similarly fond of the NFLN jingle since I've watched it for so many years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres the problem, the Texans dont need to be prioritizing a defensive player over finding their franchise QB. I dont care if Anderson gets 13 sacks a year, it will never be close to the weekly difference a franchise QB can make with winning and losing.

Being passive trying to find a QB because you care about a edge rusher and hoping one falls into your laps 10 picks later is GM malpractice lol

Will Anderson isnt winning and losing you games every week, your QB is

You get Trey Lance in trade if you pass on QB. It's not like they don't get a yougn franchise guy. If Trey sucks you have ammo to swing again in 2024. If Bryce was your guy and Bryce goes one, and you don't believe in Stroud//Levis/Richardson, but your new HC whose defense relies on the wide nine edge rusher loves his guy you take what your coach wants imo. If Demeco likes Trey and his OC from PFF/SF likes Trey. Trade for Trey. Will Anderson and or Tyree Wilson are big time hits in the system if they hit.