Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

I'd say it's fairly likely the team he assumes is taking him is probably answering the phone/talking to Washington fairly often.

I would also say the two tweets likely go hand in hand even if she didn't make that obvious.

Maybe I’m reading into the tweet too much, but the fact she felt the need to say separately, made me think that whoever couldn’t get him on the phone is not the team with the trade offer. 

The only reason I was considering the possibility that Washington is the team that can’t get him on the phone, is it would start to explain why they are looking to move down more aggressively all of a sudden. 

5 minutes ago, winitall said:

Why couldn’t it be the Redskins, Giants, or Lions? That tweet is just about trying to get him on the phone, not about moving up. 

Can't imagine it would that notable if it was the Redskins and if it was the Giants or Lions then it they've had plenty of opportunity to touch base with him prior to this week if they had no plan to move up. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Solder is 32, overpaid, and coming off a poor 2019 season. I’m not sure it’s the smartest thing to base your top draft pick around that. If the Giants value/grade Thomas higher than the rest, take him. 

He could step in and play RT year 1 (he played there as a freshman), or even have Solder move to RT (which he expressed openness to this offseason). He has experience on both sides. 

Solder won't factor in to the decision on which OT to draft. Gettleman and Solder have both said they are open to having Solder switch to RT if needed. 

If they take Wills, or whoever, it's because they feel he is the best tackle.

EDIT: I feel it is also worth mentioning that is was reported at the end of the year that Solder's kid's cancer had returned during the season. He won't/didn't say it, but it makes sense for his rapid decline in performance this year after week 2.

Edited by minutemancl
  • Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

So the main reports with the Dolphins are that they like Herbert more than Tua and that they're going to take Andrew Thomas at 5. Which one do you guys think is a smoke screen or do you think both are and Tua is still their guy?

I think they're trying to drive down the trade package up to #2 or #3. I think Tua is their guy, and they should probably come to their senses about negotiating with the most stubborn GM or owner in the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I think they're trying to drive down the trade package up to #2 or #3. I think Tua is their guy, and they should probably come to their senses about negotiating with the most stubborn GM or owner in the NFL.

This is the right answer.

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This is the right answer.

Maybe I'm just a sucker but I kinda buy the Dolphins having Herbert higher stuff

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

there’s a rumor that the Saints like Jordyn Brooks in round 1.

I've been reading about Brooks in the early 2nd talk so Brooks at the end of the first I guess isn't too surprising.

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Let's say Tua is gone and the Chargers take an offensive tackle at 6 - where does Herbert land? I'm really struggling. 

Carolina at 7, Jacksonville at 9/20, Las Vegas at 12/20, Miami at 18/26 (if they didn't take Tua), Minnesota at 22/25, New England at 23, New Orleans at 24, and Green Bay at 30 could all theoretically take him.  Do I think all of them are realistically going to be looking at QBs?  Probably not.  If I had to expect anything, I'd say Green Bay and Las Vegas are the two most "likely" to take a QB, but again it's a huge question mark.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

Can't wait for that Seahawks pick

I don't get it either but it seems as if many teams love Hurts. I think he'll go much earlier than any of us think.

They are picking Antoine Winfield Jr. to be their next Earl Thomas. Inside source, like my Giants source. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4389749

I mean, there was a report a few weeks back that no teams after Detroit had talked to Chase Young.  I think the Giants would like Chase Young, but I don't think they're interested in moving up to do so.  Don't think Miami really wants to move up, and the Chargers don't seem logical either.  Carolina?