DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Derwin >> Mathieu

Yeah, that's absolutely true! Only S I would take over Derwin to start a team would be J. Adams, and that probably wouldn't be the case if D. James wasn't injuried this year. 

But, on the other hand, you think P. Mahomes is a system QB and that Garropolo is better than him so... your homer opinion doesn't really count, as you can't be objective when it comes to players on rivals teams/your team. But hey, maybe if you say it enough times it will be true? 

Andy Reid took an MVP QB and a potent offense into a Super Bowl vs Shanahan Sr. and came out on the short end of the stick in SB 32
Now Andy gets another shot at a Title, this time with an MVP QB and a potent offense vs Shanahan Jr.

Pretty amazing to see this cross-generational coaching match-up come to fruition in the NFL's 100th season

• Like 5

For those that want to bag on SF's opposition this playoffs - I'll point out that the reason they got that beautiful draw was because they beat NO on the road, and SEA on the road in December (yes they had the trap game loss vs. ATL, but that happens, just like it happened to KC, just for KC it happened much earlier in the year, with a limited Mahomes and a decimated D injury-wise - just like what SF had to weather in DEC with Ford/Tartt/Alexander out changing their D in a huge way).    KC got HFA for AFCG because of TEN's upset of BAL, although they also earned their 2 seed with the critical December road W at NE.

It seems really arbitrary to imply SF somehow didn't earn their way to the SB as much as KC.   Both teams came up with big W's when it mattered, if anything KC got some help to play both playoff games at home, while SF did all the heavy lifting on their own to get there.   It highlights again why both teams are so well-matched here.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

It seems really arbitrary to imply SF somehow didn't earn their way to the SB as much as KC.   

Again, you need to observe who said it and take that into context. There's not many people who feel that way on the planet, I'm sure of it.

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Andy Reid took an MVP QB and a potent offense into a Super Bowl vs Shanahan Sr. and came out on the short end of the stick in SB 32
Now Andy gets another shot at a Title, this time with an MVP QB and a potent offense vs Shanahan Jr.

Pretty amazing to see this cross-generational coaching match-up come to fruition in the NFL's 100th season

Wow this is crazy 

3 hours ago, MagicMT said:

Yeah, that's absolutely true! Only S I would take over Derwin to start a team would be J. Adams, and that probably wouldn't be the case if D. James wasn't injuried this year. 

But, on the other hand, you think P. Mahomes is a system QB and that Garropolo is better than him so... your homer opinion doesn't really count, as you can't be objective when it comes to players on rivals teams/your team. But hey, maybe if you say it enough times it will be true? 

I was obviously joking about Jimmy over Mahomes. It's my brand of trollish sense of humor.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I was obviously joking about Jimmy over Mahomes. It's my brand of trollish sense of humor.

Sorry, I saw you try (unsuccessfully) to discredit Mahomes so much during the season, I thought Garropolo maybe had a higher agg% throws or an other meaningless stat in which he was better than Mahomes this year, making him the better QB in your eyes. Should have caught the sarcasm. I'll carry on

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I cant pick this SB. Unfortunately my gut tells me buckwheat called it, this KC team is on a run for destiny. But lets go SF.

I get hating a division rival.  I really do.  But it's been 50 years.  You have much more in common with the Chiefs than most teams.