Tom Brady to the Raiders?

ragingraider

2 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

That's great until you check the injury report. In december, Renfrow missed 3 games, Jacobs missed 3 games, Trent missed 4 games, Incognito missed 2 games, Moreau missed 3 games.

This doesn’t get talked up enough it’s just Carr faded down the stretch. The exact same thing happened to Brady in December but guys are like “He lost his weapons.”

this team doesn’t really have enough depth to be any sort of competitor, a handful guys go down and that’s it. Honestly i can’t see the ghost of Tom Brady willing this team to victories. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tyrell is more than solid. I don’t think his playing style throw it up and let me get it fits well with who Carr is now. 

Before Tyrell suffered his foot injury he had 5 straight games with 1 TD.  I think he fits the mold of a WR that DC likes.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

This doesn’t get talked up enough it’s just Carr faded down the stretch. The exact same thing happened to Brady in December but guys are like “He lost his weapons.”

this team doesn’t really have enough depth to be any sort of competitor, a handful guys go down and that’s it. Honestly i can’t see the ghost of Tom Brady willing this team to victories. 

Next man up?

defense lost way more but everyone rags on them. Tired of excuses. Time for some accountability.

you think We’re the only team to lose key guys down the stretch?

it happens every year 

1 minute ago, Jerry said:

Before Tyrell suffered his foot injury he had 5 straight games with 1 TD.  I think he fits the mold of a WR that DC likes.  

If this was 2016 Carr where he gave his WRs a chance and threw the ball up I would agree. Tyrell will never reach his full potential until that happens. He’s a jump ball WR. Yeah he had those TDs in those games but DC favorite type of WR would be a smooth route runner. 

16 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Well sure but I’ve also been blasted for saying that when you are down 21 with 4 mins left, there is no reason to force a pass into double coverage in the Redzone because of injury risk. 

I got ripped and everyone here seemed to be pissed Carr didn’t give someone double covered a chance.

now it’s Carr’s fault that he threw renfrow the ball too much? Or is it renfrows fault that he got opened too much? Or our other WRs for not getting open? 

it is football, I don’t recall the play perfectly but I don’t remember it being a suicide pass. I’ll watch it later. But I think it is tough to fault Carr for the injury.  

DB knew what was coming and even though he came off his receiver Carr had already decided where he was going. You see the DB cheating towards Renfrow before Carr even starts to throw it.  I could be wrong but I think the DB even said after the game that he knew what was coming or someone else mentioned it.  The play happens around the 2:05 mark.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/11/25/raiders-hunter-renfrow-suffered-broken-rib-punctured-lung-in-loss-to-jets/23867632/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

DB knew what was coming and even though he came off his receiver Carr had already decided where he was going. You see the DB cheating towards Renfrow before Carr even starts to throw it.  I could be wrong but I think the DB even said after the game that he knew what was coming or someone else mentioned it.  The play happens around the 2:05 mark.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/11/25/raiders-hunter-renfrow-suffered-broken-rib-punctured-lung-in-loss-to-jets/23867632/

Imo carr got renfro killed on that play he became so predictable on 3rd down with renfro. Everyone knew carr was only gonna throw to renfro or Waller for a rb. The def sat on that route and waited. 

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Thank you for linking play, god I forgot how bad that hit was. 
I think they were in zone there. Carr should have seen the db cheating. 
but Renfrow had 3 catches to that point. So i don’t necessarily believe the narrative that Carr was just throwing to him to much. 

Carr should have thrown to the WR on outside, was that Tyrell? But I think it’s a little telling that the dbs didn’t see him as a threat. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Next man up?

defense lost way more but everyone rags on them. Tired of excuses. Time for some accountability.

it happens every year 

I’m saying that when i compare the numbers between Brady and Carr people cite the Patriots injuries and lack of WRs but Carr doesn’t get the same benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Thank you for linking play, god I forgot how bad that hit was. 
I think they were in zone there. Carr should have seen the db cheating. 
but Renfrow had 3 catches to that point. So i don’t necessarily believe the narrative that Carr was just throwing to him to much. 

Carr should have thrown to the WR on outside, was that Tyrell? But I think it’s a little telling that the dbs didn’t see him as a threat. 

The amount of catches Renfrow had that game did not matter much.  What mattered was that when we were in that situation and that alignment you knew where the ball was going.  I even think that exact play had been run earlier that game.  It is situational football and game theory.  We are to predictable with our play calling combined with Carr's inability/unwillingness? to diversify within an alignment and sets us up for big plays against us.  I big hit like that not only hurts your players but that gave their team new life and energy.  That hit is just as good as a halftime pep talk from a great coach.  I see my teammate lay someone out like that I do not care about my pain or being tired.  I want to get some because there is blood in the water.  This is also why I like Joseph, Burfict, and can not wait to get Abram back.  I can not stand seeing a player trying to hype himself up after making a routine play but I feel like tackling a family member when I watch one of our guys drop somebody.  You do not need to taunt someone.  Just watching them take a couple extra seconds to pull themselves off the ground is what I like to see.  Go back and watch the game against Denver.  The receivers did not want to catch the ball anymore for Denver.  It also reminded me that picking up another back that has Lindsey's mentality to go with Jacobs would be amazing.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

.  I see my teammate lay someone out like that I do not care about my pain or being tired.  I want to get some because there is blood in the water.  This is also why I like Joseph, Burfict, and can not wait to get Abram back.  I can not stand seeing a player trying to hype himself up after making a routine play but I feel like tackling a family member when I watch one of our guys drop somebody.  You do not need to taunt someone.  Just watching them take a couple extra seconds to pull themselves off the ground is what I like to see.  Go back and watch the game against Denver.  The receivers did not want to catch the ball anymore for Denver.  It also reminded me that picking up another back that has Lindsey's mentality to go with Jacobs would be amazing.

This is what I miss the most about what the NFL use to be. 

Even in high school I'd get pumped after a guard mowed me down in practice (I was CB on sweep play) because I learned and would try different things. He'd give me lip but each time I saw him pull I'd get pumped to try a different technique. Best play ended up me giving up contain as soon as I saw him pulling to me and outrun the RB inside the guard. Dumb but I had a 4.4 40 just no experience as I only played my Senior year in HS cause we sucked so bad the year before we scored 3 TD's the whole season. So happy to win two games. LOL All about perspective. 

Coaches liked me making a play for a loss but lit me up for giving up contain. So the comp was to beat the guard to the edge and work the RB inside for the LB's but that usually still gave up the 1st down. We sucked but it was FUN!!! 

I don't have kids but I would never stand in the way of them playing competitive sports because of the feeling that it brings. 

Edited by G
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Next man up?

it happens every year 

I agree in part, and think the loss of Abram and Joseph were big for the D and needs to be acknowledged. Burfict also was a crucial loss as we seemed to be pretty decent up until that point. The LBs situation sadly was a very predictable situation with how few we had after cuts. I’m perplexed how Mayock and Gruden couldn’t see that happening especially with Burfict on the roster and likely to be suspended at some stage. Very poor planning.

Having said that, I think the obliteration of the receivers group had the biggest impact, we basically lost 3 of our 5 rostered players and the other two spent time on the sidelines and playing injured. We were a little unlucky in that crucial players got injured rather than the total number of injuries. At one time we basically had all of our receivers that started the season injured or missing (with Williams clearly playing injured).

I don’t think it’s excuses, just reasons why we went from edge of the playoffs to flaming out and how that corresponded to key injuries to Jacobs, Brown, Joseph, Williams and Renfrow. We overcame the early OL losses well I thought though we mitigated that somewhat by getting the ball out quickly, running well and getting ahead of the chains.

We’re simply not strong enough at this stage to overcome multiple injuries/suspensions to crucial players. This next off season should have a huge bearing on that, we can optimistically upgrade around 4 or 5 starter spots and add decent depth without losing any starter quality.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I agree in part, and think the loss of Abram and Joseph were big for the D and needs to be acknowledged. Burfict also was a crucial loss as we seemed to be pretty decent up until that point. The LBs situation sadly was a very predictable situation with how few we had after cuts. I’m perplexed how Mayock and Gruden couldn’t see that happening especially with Burfict on the roster and likely to be suspended at some stage. Very poor planning.

Having said that, I think the obliteration of the receivers group had the biggest impact, we basically lost 3 of our 5 rostered players and the other two spent time on the sidelines and playing injured. We were a little unlucky in that crucial players got injured rather than the total number of injuries. At one time we basically had all of our receivers that started the season injured or missing (with Williams clearly playing injured).

I don’t think it’s excuses, just reasons why we went from edge of the playoffs to flaming out and how that corresponded to key injuries to Jacobs, Brown, Joseph, Williams and Renfrow. We overcame the early OL losses well I thought though we mitigated that somewhat by getting the ball out quickly, running well and getting ahead of the chains.

We’re simply not strong enough at this stage to overcome multiple injuries/suspensions to crucial players. This next off season should have a huge bearing on that, we can optimistically upgrade around 4 or 5 starter spots and add decent depth without losing any starter quality.

Exactly, the starters could turn this into a playoff unit but it’s a house of cards. If there are injuries to the offense at all it’ll derail things. Honestly it doesn’t matter who would be starting whether it’s Carr or even Brady the lack of depth on this team will kill it.