Should the Cowboys TRADE Dak?

Uncle Buck

Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?

• Yes! Trade him, improve other areas of the team and let MM develop a rookie.
    • No! He's a great quarterback and those are hard to find. Pay the man!

Dak, Wentz, Goff.. the last one to get paid was always going to get the most money. Both are pretty safe as their respective franchise QB role. Eagles were smart to get it done first. 

Dak should hold out, 100%. He's going to get paid, so holding out doesn't hurt him in the slightest - the more urgency he creates among the Cowboys the more likely he's going to get the most money he can from the deal. The cap is going to keep increasing, the money in the game is getting higher and higher. If the Cowboys won't pay Dak more than Wentz and Goff then someone will - perhaps he ends up at a better team with better coaching? He could replace Brady in New England, for example. 

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He excludes cap carry forward. His argument is:

$35m x 4 = $140m (potential Dak deal)

vs

(extending) $140m/5 = $27m (other QBs)

Which on paper you go "geez that makes sense!"... Until you realize that you are just now spending an extra $27m in 2019. Guess what? We didnt spend that, so we get to carry that money into 2020. Here is a more simple math problem.

Does $140m = $140m - yes or no?

He's talking about the deal from Prescott's perspective.

Anyway, I was referring to the 2nd part of the article, which starts with "Here’s the more important reality regarding the value of Dak’s next deal"

3 hours ago, N4L said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/07/report-dak-prescott-rejected-33-million-per-year-in-new-money-in-september/

non-exclusive tag is 27m. I missed that part. 

Dak isn't going to do that. hes not a running back. Hes a QB and barely gets touched. He hasn't made more than a few million as of right now, so once the deadline comes and goes for the long term deal he will report imo. Hes been nothing but a professional. 

Dak's new agent is Todd France, the same guy who had  Aaron Donald (also "not a running back") hold out.  Dak's endorsements have paid him more than "a few million" by this point and will, almost certainly, continue to pay him during a brief holdout even if he opts for that route.  The organization has not demonstrated good faith in this contract negotiating process if they turn around and franchise tag him on the heels of telling him "play out your 4th year and be a good little soldier and you'll be rewarded," so why should the expectation be there for Dak to do what was not reciprocated?

there is an old adage, where if you phrase a headline as a yes-no question then the answer is almost always no

now i don’t even think dak’s anything special, but i do think he’s top 15. the cowboys should definitely not overpay him, but they should keep him on board while they have some of these defensive pieces and continue to build around 

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

Dak's new agent is Todd France, the same guy who had  Aaron Donald (also "not a running back") hold out.  Dak's endorsements have paid him more than "a few million" by this point and will, almost certainly, continue to pay him during a brief holdout even if he opts for that route.  The organization has not demonstrated good faith in this contract negotiating process if they turn around and franchise tag him on the heels of telling him "play out your 4th year and be a good little soldier and you'll be rewarded," so why should the expectation be there for Dak to do what was not reciprocated?

When 33 million per for a QB who didn't beat a team with a winning record and went 8-8 isn't considered being rewarded

15 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

When 33 million per for a QB who didn't beat a team with a winning record and went 8-8 isn't considered being rewarded

Stop doing this "it's a lot of money to us normal folks so he should be grateful for whatever he gets" stuff.  $33M is a lot of money.  But it's a pittance compared to the guaranteed sum in a franchise QB second contract.  Goff's contract guaranteed him almost 4x that amount.  Wentz's considerably more than 3x that amount.

And let's quit beating around the bush here, the "reward" I was referring to was a new contract, not getting strung along further.

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

"I promise you, I had a conversation with people, I can’t tell you who". Michael Irving

At least Michael can tell us he had "vodka cranberry" and had to "put it down"! Yeah that's a scoop baby! 
I think that Irving is secretly planning a return to the Cowboys. And he's recruiting Brady for the Great Comeback Tour.
Look at him, he still got the moves

Image result for michael irving funny gif

Edited by MagicMT

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

It would be amazing to see Brady carry Dallas onto a super bowl, only because I’d get to watch every Dallas fan struggle to swallow and enjoy every minute of it

Really? I've always dreamed what would have happened had Jerry actually hired Bill instead of Campo during the 2000 era. Everything was perfectly aligned for him to go to Dallas and for Brady to come there and be great and I do mean everything. Well except for one lynchpin reason and that's Jerry Jones. 

• Like 1