Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

I forgot to post my actual unpopular opinions instead of just arguing with others.

Kanye hasn't done anything good since 2010.

The Rolling Stones are overrated.

Nas, Tupac, and Biggie are all super overrated.

Soundgarden was the best grunge band.

Beloved doesn't belong in the discussion for all time great books.

Cormac McCarthy is greatest American writer of the last 50 years, Salman Rushdie is the greatest writer of the last 50 years.

Probably not that unpopular really, but The Last Jedi was worse than Attack of the Clones.

10 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Kanye hasn't done anything good since 2010.

Nas, Tupac, and Biggie are all super overrated.

Out of curiosity, who are your top 3 rappers all time? I agree Biggie can be slightly overrated, but can't get on board with the other two. 

Guess this is the right thread to also say that I think Jay-z is crazy overrated. 

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

Out of curiosity, who are your top 3 rappers all time? I agree Biggie can be slightly overrated, but can't get on board with the other two. 

Guess this is the right thread to also say that I think Jay-z is crazy overrated. 

I agree with you on Jay-Z, not top 10 material.  For me, top 3 is easy, and I will fight over 2 and 3, though my No. 1 is pretty subjective.  After 3, there's a lot of really tough decisions to make, but I go 1. MF DOOM, 2. Rakim, and 3. GZA.  At that point, I'm picking between like 10 guys that could be No. 4, so filling out a top 5 or 10 would be really difficult (but it's probably between Chuck D, Andre 3000, and Kool Keith).  I think Tupac and Biggie are in the discussion for top 10, but not Nas.  90% of his discography is garbage.  That's one thing I will agree with Jay-Z on: he has a one hot album every ten years average.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Cormac McCarthy is greatest American writer of the last 50 years,

Blood Meridian was an absolute slog to get through. 

The Consular movie was pretty blah, and a chore to sit through. Worst aspect was the plot and dialogue. Not exactly reflecting well on Mr McCormac. 

Edited by animaltested

Troll 2 knew what it was doing.

Its an intentionally bad horror comedy played straight (until the popcorn scene)

also: Mel Brooks is garbage, and his jokes are lame. Its non-medy (tm rich evans). When i see these movies, i "less smile" even though I wasnt smiling before

Edited by Malfatron

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Troll 2 knew what it was doing.

Its an intentionally bad horror comedy played straight (until the popcorn scene)

also: Mel Brooks is garbage, and his jokes are lame. Its non-medy (tm rich evans). When i see these movies, i "less smile" even though I wasnt smiling before

Even Blazing Saddles? O.o

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

I agree with you on Jay-Z, not top 10 material.  For me, top 3 is easy, and I will fight over 2 and 3, though my No. 1 is pretty subjective.  After 3, there's a lot of really tough decisions to make, but I go 1. MF DOOM, 2. Rakim, and 3. GZA.  At that point, I'm picking between like 10 guys that could be No. 4, so filling out a top 5 or 10 would be really difficult (but it's probably between Chuck D, Andre 3000, and Kool Keith).  I think Tupac and Biggie are in the discussion for top 10, but not Nas.  90% of his discography is garbage.  That's one thing I will agree with Jay-Z on: he has a one hot album every ten years average.

MF Doom would slap you upside your head for your Nas disrespect.

• Like 2