Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Black Panther introduced one of the best movie villains in a very long time, but I would put forth Thor Ragnarok or one of the latter two Captain America movies if I’m putting one to the Academy.

I will also say, Avengers Infinity War and Endgame did an outstanding job making a plot structure that normally doesn’t work work well.

And if you want to make an argument, Shakespeare’s comedies are lowbrow as hell, but they’re high art now. More recent examples in some Mel Brooks movies the same way.

Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie by far. I don't think that one followed their formula at all. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie by far. I don't think that one followed their formula at all. 

It's a spy movie with the hero on the run it's been done to death, great movie but it's not exactly unique. 

10 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

worse yet, they are embezzlement con jobs

like Jack and Jill: high budget, very low production costs. All the money funneled to Sandler and his friends

I see no problem with robbing studios blind tbh.