Unpopular Opinions: Entertainment edition

TOUCAN

7 hours ago, JonStark said:

Royce is up there, but I'd take Crooked over him. At the very least he's not "light years" better.

Crooked is dope.  He’s got bars no question but he reminds me of Canibus in that’s his strength. Songwriting, hooks, etc not as strong.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 11:31 AM, animaltested said:

If you were surprised how awful Season 8 of Game of Thrones was, you were not paying attention. The literal bad "writing" was on the wall as early as season 5.

This is fair. The wheels started creaking around 5, got wobbly in 6, fell off in 7, and the engine exploded in 8. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hella.

Parks and Rec, Community, New Girl, Brooklyn 99, and there's probably a few others who are ahead of it in its own genre and people treat it like a staple of American culture. 

Its gotta be based on memes and not actual quality

5 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

The office is overrated

I've watched a hand full of episodes because my roommates like it and I think it's fine. It's the group of fans who never stfu about it that overrate it.

• Like 1

the office had some great highs imo but stayed on too long and was just running on fumes for a few seasons. I think Parks and recs was more consistent but did not reach the peak of the office when it was at its best.

Edited by August4th

On 2/23/2020 at 10:24 PM, mse326 said:

Don't know if this is unpopular or not, but the best TV currently all comes from the UK

Fleabag (I know this is probably over)
Derry Girls
Peaky Blinders
Line of Duty
The Crown
Killing Eve

Don't necessarily disagree.  I am a huge fan of British and Australian programs.  I just finished up a series on AcornTV today.  "Jack Irish" with Guy Pearce.  A pretty solid series.  One of the things I love about British police procedurals is that most of them are actually "movies", and they dig much more deeply into character development.  Midsomer Murders, Foyle's War (Great WW2 series), George Gently are all fantastic series, with each episode running about 90 minutes.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hella.

Parks and Rec, Community, New Girl, Brooklyn 99, and there's probably a few others who are ahead of it in its own genre and people treat it like a staple of American culture. 

The Office Seasons 1-7 blow anything away that those comedies produced.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 6:18 PM, thrILL! said:

Better Call Saul >>>>>>> Breaking Bad

Slaughterhouse is an avg rap group carried by Royce da 5’9 who is light years better than the others.  

Session One is as fun any rap song I've ever listened too