What does Rivers have to do to make the HoF?

patriotsheatyan

What does Rivers have to do to make the HoF?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What does Rivers have to do to make the HoF?

• Nothing; he will make it with his current accomplishments
    • A couple more solid if unspectacular seasons
    • Two seasons with either playoff success or very good numbers
    • Something great is still required, like a SB win, an MVP, or obscene longevity to break various all time records

This seems contentious.

Some think he already gets in. Some thinks he needs to do something great. Some probably think just a little more accumulation will push him in. Some might say just having decent success on a new team so the Chargers can be blamed for previous short comings.

Edited by patriotsheatyan

11 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

He's got to do the same thing Matt Ryan has to do to get in; win a SB.  I think either of those guys is a lock for the HOF if they get a championship and will NOT get in if they don't...

Ryan would probably be a lock right now if it was not for the SB loss which feels unfair to him

I think with a few more great seasons Ryan could still get in down the road even without a ring

Edited by August4th

I really think the days of QBs getting in the HOF without at least one championship are over.  Ryan will absolutely end up with HOF stats by the time he retires but he'll never have a chance of overcoming 28-3 unless he hoists the Lombardi.  I actually think Rivers' career thus far is inferior to Ryan's and I don't see how he even is considered for the HOF without a ring?  His postseason success has been almost nonexistent and at least Ryan has gotten his team to a SB (and nearly two).

• Like 3