Vikings extend QB Kirk Cousins (Two years)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's what happens when you try and amass a ton of Day 3 picks instead...

The Vikings have done quite well with their day 3 picks. Where they’ve failed is getting virtually nothing from their 1st round picks and even less from their 3rd and 4th rounders. 

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

Unless Kirk starts having some playoff success, he will be the one of those three quarterbacks to not be in the HOF.  This grouping also shows just how bloated statistically the quarterback position has become.  I don't think that quarterbacks are significantly more talented than they were in the 70's or 80's, but the offenses that are being run, even a conservative one like the Vikings, today give mediocre quarterbacks bloated statistics.  

I am getting old and very cynical.  I admit it.  The only statistic that matters to me anymore is wins.  Nothing else really matters.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

He GOT to a Super Bowl, at least.  

13 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I am getting old and very cynical.  I admit it.  The only statistic that matters to me anymore is wins.  Nothing else really matters.

@Virginia Viking - I'm mostly just giving you a hard time. It's really hard to blame Kirk for any of the Vikings struggles over the past ~20 games, though. He's been playing up to his contract. He can't go kick FGs or recover fumbles or make the refs throw PI flags.

It's a strange thing to never have all of the pieces clicking at the same time.

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Not even Aaron Rodgers did that? 

rodgers had 29,814 yards and 239 TDs, his 115th game was against the rams in october of 2015. 

on the other hand, mahomes isn't even half way (52 games) and is easily on pace to hit those marks with 16,000 yards and 130 TDs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Wow, super impressive.  Honestly the question is no longer is he worth that kind of contract, it is what do the Vikings do when the contract is up?  Hard to argue with how great he is playing, absolutely is worth the money he is paid now.  What three times this year lead the team down for a game winning field goal or TD, wait possibly four times.  Twice the field goal was missed and in both drives what they had around 40 seconds left in the game and were around the 25 or 30 yard line on the opposite end of the field.

He has been great no doubt about it, just now the team needs to find a way to marry the offense, defense and special teams.  Because they have yet to really complement each other, even the D which played great at times against Carolina, when they got a INT the Vikings offense failed to get a touchdown off it and complement the D and vice versa...

13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Wow, super impressive.  Honestly the question is no longer is he worth that kind of contract, it is what do the Vikings do when the contract is up?  Hard to argue with how great he is playing, absolutely is worth the money he is paid now.  What three times this year lead the team down for a game winning field goal or TD, wait possibly four times.  Twice the field goal was missed and in both drives what they had around 40 seconds left in the game and were around the 25 or 30 yard line on the opposite end of the field.

He has been great no doubt about it, just now the team needs to find a way to marry the offense, defense and special teams.  Because they have yet to really complement each other, even the D which played great at times against Carolina, when they got a INT the Vikings offense failed to get a touchdown off it and complement the D and vice versa...

I won't be a fan until a Lombardi is in his hands!

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I won't be a fan until a Lombardi is in his hands!

You don't have to like the guy, I don't really like him either.

Can you at least admit that he's been playing outstanding football for the equivalent of a full season now? 35 TD/5 INTs and the team has a winning record over the last 16 games. 

He's not perfect, but he's a damn good QB.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You don't have to like the guy, I don't really like him either.

Can you at least admit that he's been playing outstanding football for the equivalent of a full season now? 35 TD/5 INTs and the team has a winning record over the last 16 games. 

He's not perfect, but he's a damn good QB.

He's been playing better than he typically has played in the past.  He's a good quarterback.  He will be "damn good" if he leads the team deep in the playoffs.  He could even be great if he plays well and leads the Vikings to a Super Bowl win.  Right now, he's just good.  

You're right, I don't like the guy, and likely never will.  But, I will appreciate his play a lot more when he brings more to the Vikings in playoff wins and championships.  Until then, I will be one of his heaviest critics on this board.  I want more from him.

Edited by Guest