Bears to trade 4th Round Pick to Jaguars for Nick Foles

RJ_11

40 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

So... about the OL...

Unfortunately I think they believe those guys will rebound. Whitehair was down, Daniels regressed, Leno & Massie were putrid. Maybe they assume they can only be better in 2020. I can see them taking iOL early and an OT in round 5.

44 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Now having read more...I don't understand the hate for this move.

I don't get it either. Nagy loves him, DeFilippo coached him up to be a Super Bowl MVP, and Lazor was on a staff where he threw 27 TDs and 2 INTs.

This is our Alex Smith.

I personally love the management of this, honestly. He immediately is competition for Trubisky. If the kid falls flat on his face, in comes Foles to take over for 2020. We likely draft a QB high in the 2021 draft who then has the luxury to sit for at least two years behind Foles.

Or, Trubisky plays well and Foles is a decently priced backup who knows the system and has excelled "coming in relief".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't get it either. Nagy loves him, DeFilippo coached him up to be a Super Bowl MVP, and Lazor was on a staff where he threw 27 TDs and 2 INTs.

This is our Alex Smith.

I personally love the management of this, honestly. He immediately is competition for Trubisky. If the kid falls flat on his face, in comes Foles to take over for 2020. We likely draft a QB high in the 2021 draft who then has the luxury to sit for at least two years behind Foles.

Or, Trubisky plays well and Foles is a decently priced backup who knows the system and has excelled "coming in relief".

And...if Foles finally plays to his potential consistently...well, what do we have THEN? ;)

Just now, Heinz D. said:

And...if Foles finally plays to his potential consistently...well, what do we have THEN? ;)

I don't know if the move is going to work, but in terms of covering all your bases, this was a brilliant move. And it was for pick #140 for ****'s sake.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't know if the move is going to work, but in terms of covering all your bases, this was a brilliant move. And it was for pick #140 for ****'s sake.

which was obtained by cutting mike Davis. 

So you can look look at it as trading mike Davis for foles to make it easier.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

If you're still intent on giving Mitch a shot (which I wouldn't be, but whatever) then you're paying a lot of money to back him up. 

Financially you did the Jags a favor.

Not sure you needed to sweeten the pot with a decent draft pick.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Financially you did the Jags a favor.

Not sure you needed to sweeten the pot with a decent draft pick.

They weren't going to trade him for nothing. That's just the reality of the whole situation. They're eating a lot of money. They needed the pick.