Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

Goff really does get a bad rep, although I’m not sure why. According to the general view: we finished 9-7 last season with a bust QB, a washed RB, a terrible offensive line, an inconsistent defence and terrible special team play. I can only ask what on Earth was everyone else up to that we still managed a winning record? 

We had terrible OL play last season, partly due to injuries although most of it IMO was down to negligence from the front office. I think that impacted the QB and RB more than anything; Gurley more so as the pass protection did improve as the season went on. The run blocking didn’t. 

We need a guard and a centre to come in and change the offense. Saffold and Sullivan need to be replaced. 

1 hour ago, rocky_rams said:

Cousins is a choke artist. Dude is like the football version of Cowboy Cerrone. Good in most fights/games but chokes when it matters the most. 

He's had some big time wins for us this year, but I don't want to derail the thread.

What's a realistic statline for Gurley this season?

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I might well be if Goff takes us to the Super Bowl again and loses. But he can at least get us there. :P

I'd rather not get there vs get there and lose. 

Realistically Goff will never win a SB. Neither will Jimmy G. They showed what they're made of in the big game and it isn't the stuff of SB winners. 

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

He's had some big time wins for us this year, but I don't want to derail the thread.

What's a realistic statline for Gurley this season?

Good call, me either sorry!  IMO he doesn't even eke out 1000 yds because he won't stay healthy. He'll give flashes but few and far between.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bomont said:

Realistically Goff will never win a SB. Neither will Jimmy G. They showed what they're made of in the big game and it isn't the stuff of SB winners. 

I disagree. I can see both Goff and Jimmy G winning a SB one day. They both have excellent coaches and just structures in general in place. Like Ryan literally had a 25pt lead in the SB over Brady and Belichick before they pulled off an historic comeback. Jimmy G had a double digit lead in the SB against the great Mahomes. I can say that if Cooks didnt drop that touchdown two years ago maybe we are talking about Goff and the Rams beating the Patriots in the same way people say if Jimmy G didnt overthrow Sanders or if Shanahan wouldve just ran the ball with the Falcons. Things happen and we know its HARD to win games in the NFL. Goff showed you he can win the big games by going into New Orleans down 0-13 after the first quarter when literally the building was crumbling and coming back and winning the game in OT. Again what gets me is that everyone dismisses what Goff did on the final drive and in OT because after that no call people just dont worry about what happened after that. Goff led his team down the field down by 3pts on that final drive in regulation on the road to tie the game up and send it into OT. He made big time plays in that game against Brees and all of the Saints fans in that arena which many constantly say is the hardest place to go into period and win. So again I disagree with you on Goff never winning a SB. Remember he was the youngest QB to start in a SB before Mahomes. Typically QBs that young struggles. Even Mahomes struggled for most of his game. IF Goff and the Rams make it back to the SB we will see a different Goff and a different Rams team than what we saw two years ago and it wouldnt shock me that if the next time the Rams make it to the SB will be them holding the trophy. Same thing I can say about Jimmy G and the Niners. 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 1

What Im curious to see with the Falcons is how they manage Gurley. We talk about players needing to be protected from themselves especially young players. Gurley is going to want to prove to everyone that he isnt damaged goods and if he goes out there and tells the Falcons to give him the workload and down hold him back and the Falcons do what Gurley wants, he could pay for it later on in the season. The Rams took care of Gurley, possibly too much for my liking but they did take care of him. I wish him the best though because if Gurley is on his game with the weapons the Falcons have then they can be a dangerous team. The NFC South to me is the most interesting division in all of football. The best division is the NFC West because it nearly sent three teams to the playoffs last year and it was the only division that had 3 teams with above .500 records. Then you add the Cards getting arguably the best receiver in the NFL in Hopkins so they should be better than (5-10) this upcoming season. But yeah Im going to be paying close attention to the NFC South with all the storylines from Gurley with the Falcons, to Bridgewater with the Panthers playing with Joe Brady who knows Bridgewater a little bit from his time with the Saints and now Bridgewater get to play the Saints twice. Now Brady added to the mix to play Brees twice and then get to play the Falcons twice so people will talk about that epic 25pt comeback in the Superbowl against Ryan and the Falcons. 

1 hour ago, bomont said:

LOL. iT's bETtER tO NoT mAKe THe SuPEr bOWl tHAn tO mAkE iT ANd lOSe. xD

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This board is such a shell of its former shelf.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. iT's bETtER tO NoT mAKe THe SuPEr bOWl tHAn tO mAkE iT ANd lOSe. xD

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This board is such a shell of its former shelf.

Yeah screw that noise and this is coming from one of the biggest heartaches ever in a superbowl loss 28-3   and i damn sure am still glad we made it even if we choked that badly.  I don't get to see the Birds play in that many superbowls in my life time so even if we lose them i love seeing them in there with a chance.

• Like 1

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

Yeah screw that noise and this is coming from one of the biggest heartaches ever in a superbowl loss 28-3   and i damn sure am still glad we made it even if we choked that badly.  I don't get to see the Birds play in that many superbowls in my life time so even if we lose them i love seeing them in there with a chance.

Yep. I got to see my team in a Super Bowl. Losing hurt, but we made it. There are still franchises that have never even appeared in a Super Bowl.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yep. I got to see my team in a Super Bowl. Losing hurt, but we made it. There are still franchises that have never even appeared in a Super Bowl.

Exactly my point and damn right on that although i knew i should have went on the field and taken out Shanny in the 4th quarter and taken over play calling duties i failed my team as a fan :( 

• Like 1