Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Normally I would agree with anything Orenthal says (and I mean ANYTHING, dude slays with his hot takes) but the terms "steal back" and "heist" and "Bill Murray" are literally in the contract between The Wu Tang clan and Pharma Bro...

Don't take my post as saying that movie script isn't already happening. Michael Bay is directing, Mark Whalberg, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese, and Josh Duhmal are already signed up. During the heist they're going to find the cure for Coronavirus. Also, when cured, Coronavirus explodes.

EDIT: The part of Bill Murray will be played by a Victoria's Secret Model by the way. Gotta get the eye candy in there.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Don't take my post as saying that movie script isn't already happening. Michael Bay is directing, Mark Whalberg, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese, and Josh Duhmal are already signed up. During the heist they're going to find the cure for Coronavirus. Also, when cured, Coronavirus explodes.

EDIT: The part of Bill Murray will be played by a Victoria's Secret Model by the way. Gotta get the eye candy in there.

I've heard rumors that Michael B Jordan will be playing Pharma Bro, and has it stipulated he has to take his shirt off no less than six times...

shutupandtakemymoney.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Helicopters.  Don't forget helicopters. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I wonder how much Florida is going to skew these results. As far as I know, they aren't in their peak yet, and their Governor hasn't handled the outbreak well at all. We could see little spikes as this virus hits different areas of the US.

Florida's slowed down quite a bit.  Fewer new cases each of the last 3 days compared to Saturday and Sunday.  They have not been as hard hit as you'd expect given population and blatant disregard for distancing, IMO because of climate.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Can I PLLLLEEEEEEEASE be your explosives expert?

ive never tried and it looks super fun, this might be my only chance  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Florida's slowed down quite a bit.  Fewer new cases each of the last 3 days compared to Saturday and Sunday.  They have not been as hard hit as you'd expect given population and blatant disregard for distancing, IMO because of climate.

It’s actully been pretty cool here compared to other years. And the major hot spot (Miami) isn’t as bad as a lot of people believe. The Miami Herald reported this weekend that hospitals are not swamped  and that most ventilators and ICU beds are  available.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241785966.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mission27 said:

Hopefully it is seasonal but to be fair, most of the people being ignorant were college aged kids who don’t get hit as hard with this.

Ive spoken to people in The Villages recently and the whole community has been taking things seriously for about as long as the rest of the country. I think the college kids just get the majority of the press.

As far as the seasonality, wouldn’t this be applicable to Nawlins then?  I mean, they seem to be one of the hardest hit areas.

Really goddamn glad the state of Wisconsin had a total of 5 polling stations open for the entire goddamn city of Milwaukee yesterday, because our primary elections are really critical.

Oh, wait, one of the two primary candiates dropped out before the results are even released. Smart. Really smart. Why not just make it a requirement that in order to vote you have to cough down your oldest immediate family members throat, then light the ballots on fire you stupid jackasses.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Really goddamn glad the state of Wisconsin had a total of 5 polling stations open for the entire goddamn city of Milwaukee yesterday, because our primary elections are really critical.

Oh, wait, one of the two primary candiates dropped out before the results are even released. Smart. Really smart. Why not just make it a requirement that in order to vote you have to cough down your oldest immediate family members throat, then light the ballots on fire you stupid jackasses.

I'm a little behind but what was that primary all for? Was it just for the presidential candidates?

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm a little behind but what was that primary all for? Was it just for the presidential candidates?

There were a few other things, but yes for the most part it was the Biden/Bernie primary.

EDIT: And, this should have gone without saying, but just to be extra clear, my post had nothing to do with the choices people were making or politics at all. It was solely about how monumentally stupid, dangerous, and ultimately pointless it was to restrict polling places to a ridiculous level and make people stand outside for votes that don't matter as of a few hours ago.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There were a few other things, but yes for the most part it was the Biden/Bernie primary.

EDIT: And, this should have gone without saying, but just to be extra clear, my post had nothing to do with the choices people were making or politics at all. It was solely about how monumentally stupid, dangerous, and ultimately pointless it was to restrict polling places to a ridiculous level and make people stand outside for votes that don't matter as of a few hours ago.

Yeah all the nonsense surrounding THE DANGERS OF vote by mail is stupid. My state has been doing it for YEARS, and its amazing. Oregon has been doing it successfully since the 1990s. Colorado also does it. In this situation its a no-brainer.

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Yeah all the nonsense surrounding THE DANGERS OF vote by mail is stupid. My state has been doing it for YEARS, and its amazing. Oregon has been doing it successfully since the 1990s. Colorado also does it. In this situation its a no-brainer.

I don't even need to go to election security/voter ID/whatever here to be mad about this. It's a primary that was effectively already over. You delay this thing and it takes care of itself. Stick the other ballot items on the next election, or have an election in 2 or 3 months from now when we aren't at the apex of infection rates. I understand that results in a slightly longer/shorter term, and I know delaying elections indefinitely is a slippery slope but jesus this was a layup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Some potential bad news regarding immunity. That being said, I've read else where it can take upwards of 20 days for antibodies to develop, so the fact these are all young patients who only experienced minor symptoms makes me wonder whether or not they were tested after 20 days. Unfortunately there's not much information regarding the study.

interesting, thx for posting.
Until it is peer reviewed, we won't learn much about the validity of these results. Our Immune system is like an orchestra with a hundred different "instruments" each playing a role. Its hard to tease out whether the tuba or the piccolo is the key component and each human is slightly different in their response.

I'll also note that they say antibodies couldn't be detected, which is different than saying there aren't any. Lots of variables to consider.

Linked in that Newsweek article is the study with Ivermectin, an approved anti-parasitic drug that is being studied at Monash University in Australia. That shows promise and Monash is part of the COVID-19 Therapeutic Accelerator funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, so that's high quality work.
But its very early on in their COVID 19 testing, so far only "test tube" work , but there is a full set of safety studies in humans already, so that really expedites development time.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0166354220302011

*Ivermectin is an inhibitor of the COVID-19 causative virus (SARS-CoV-2) in vitro. (test tubes)
*A single treatment able to effect ∼5000-fold reduction in virus at 48h in cell culture.•
*Ivermectin is FDA-approved for parasitic infections, and therefore has a potential for re-purposing.•
*Ivermectin is widely available, due to its inclusion on the WHO model list of essential medicines.

And Ivermectin does not have the same cardiac toxicity as the hydroxychloroquine drug so that's another big positive

• Like 6