Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 hours ago, Xenos said:

Outside of my generation being in favor of masks, and a lot of the elderly beyond the boomer generation actually taking this seriously (my 93 year old grandmother who listens to Fox and Rush all of the time is taking it seriously, as are her friends in the community the same age) mask usage has fallen exactly where I thought it would.  

Thankfully I haven’t heard of any of my team members doing anything crazy, but the amount of people down at the fishing piers has been nuts for the holiday weekend.  I was out at a restaurant today, and while they did a great job of social distancing, the farm market was anything but socially distanced.  At least they had two lines open with two people working so it went quickly.  

The holiday weekend is sadly going to lead in a spike of cases.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Outside of my generation being in favor of masks, and a lot of the elderly beyond the boomer generation actually taking this seriously (my 93 year old grandmother who listens to Fox and Rush all of the time is taking it seriously, as are her friends in the community the same age) mask usage has fallen exactly where I thought it would.  

Thankfully I haven’t heard of any of my team members doing anything crazy, but the amount of people down at the fishing piers has been nuts for the holiday weekend.  I was out at a restaurant today, and while they did a great job of social distancing, the farm market was anything but socially distanced.  At least they had two lines open with two people working so it went quickly.  

The holiday weekend is sadly going to lead in a spike of cases.  

San Diego having the beaches open for the holiday is such a bad idea. Even if it is outside. Everyone in SoCal, Nevada, and Arizona is coming for us this weekend. Prayers for us 😢

Edited by Xenos

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Mexico shut down it’s border from US citizens.

Bahahahhaahhaha

I’m done.

No wait...

hahahhhahahhahaahahahhaahha

Definitely can't visit my brother now.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Mexico shut down it’s border from US citizens.

Bahahahhaahhaha

I’m done.

No wait...

hahahhhahahhahaahahahhaahha

Think it's only the border with Arizona... Which really makes no sense... Could easily go to another state then cross over if someone really wanted to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

I saw pictures of baseball players working out in the field with masks on.  That's just for looks right?

There's already been 31+ players test positive plus another 7 staff members between 19 different teams. From what I understand, the other teams haven't been tested or results haven't come back/made public. They aren't saying who tested positive but some have come forward on their own.

16 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

There's already been 31+ players test positive plus another 7 staff members between 19 different teams. From what I understand, the other teams haven't been tested or results haven't come back/made public. They aren't saying who tested positive but some have come forward on their own.

Isn't there around 1800 players in camp? Is 1.7% positive a lot?

I just don't see how wearing a mask while taking grounders helps unless they want to not breath on their hand before touching the ball.  Are they switching balls constantly during practice or is that just for the games?