Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Isn't that illegal?

Are you really unfamiliar with how many people die yearly because they are uninsured? This isn't new because of Coronavirus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2775760/

Lack of health insurance is associated with as many as 44 789 deaths per year in the United States, more than those caused by kidney disease (n = 42 868).41 The increased risk of death attributable to uninsurance suggests that alternative measures of access to medical care for the uninsured, such as community health centers, do not provide the protection of private health insurance.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, mistakey said:

uh, detroits hospitals are at capacity.  they dont test nearly as much as nyc.  louisiana bout to blow up.  same with georgia (atlanta at capacity).  its already happening as we speak.  mississippi has no lockdown, its gonna run wild through there. 

So you know for a fact that they have almost 40K infected people there in Michigan?

Just now, Calvert28 said:

So you know for a fact that they have almost 40K infected people there in Michigan?

doesnt really matter about the number of infected, its all about capacity., and they ve reached it.  and everywhere else in the world who's dealt with it, it surges up even higher.  its coming.  

So the bill just passed right now. 

$1,200 for every American (under $75,000 income) and $500 per child. 

Also, $600 a week unemployment for people who are temporarily unemployed (but technically still an employee) for 4 months. This will really help a lot of people out. 

If you gentlemen work for a business that is currently temporarily shutdown, go to your states Unemployment Website, and they should have a special version of the application for Coronavirus. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

A hospital being at capacity doesn't mean there's 40k people with covid-19 there. People in a hospital also have broken bones, heart attacks, organ donations, etc. The issue is that with the rising number of covid-19 patients, there isn't enough beds for everyone with any issue requiring hospitalization.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

That says an emergency room has to take a patient, not anyone else.

If you read the article, you’d have seen that the urgent care facility told him they wouldn’t do anything and told him to go to the emergency room instead. He went into cardiac arrest on the way there. 

• Like 1

Reading that article, yes, more than half of Urgent Care Clinics won’t treat you without insurance. Urgent Care Clinics are like Dentist Offices. Privately owned and for profit. While many hospitals are privately owned as well, it’s usually a much bigger company that would never take the risk of not treating someone and will just eat the cost. Plus I think they HAVE to take you in. The law. 

Urgent care is not ER. 

Edited by BayRaider

He wasn't immediately dying at the urgent care center. Had he gone into cardiac arrest there, the center would have a legal obligation to treat the heart attack because that is an emergency medical condition. 

@LETSGOBROWNIES probably would know if him having a heart attack in the waiting room may have prompted the urgent care to actually treat him for coronavirus. I'd guess no.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

That says an emergency room has to take a patient, not anyone else.

If you read the article, you’d have seen that the urgent care facility told him they wouldn’t do anything and told him to go to the emergency room instead. He went into cardiac arrest on the way there. 

I did read the article. Did you read this?

"Almost every hospital in the U.S. is required by law to provide necessary emergency medical treatment to anyone - with or without insurance coverage."

i don't want to start an argument, just showing where I was coming from. It sucks what happened

"Almost every hospital in the U.S. is required by law to provide necessary emergency medical treatment to anyone - with or without insurance coverage."

i don't want to start an argument, just showing where I was coming from. It sucks what happened

If you had read literally the next sentence, you would have seen “EMTALA covers all hospitals that have emergency departments and that accept Medicare payments from the federal government”

He was denied care by a facility that didn’t have an emergency department, was directed to go to one, and went into cardiac arrest on the way there. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Urgent Care is not a Hospital though? They are privately owned practices like dentist offices. A Urgent Care Office doesn’t have to treat you unless you are legit dying in front of their eyes. 

Sorry if I misunderstood you. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Urgent Care is not a Hospital though? They are privately owned practices like dentist offices. A Urgent Care Office doesn’t have to treat you unless you are legit dying in front of their eyes. 

Sorry if I misunderstood you. 

Nah I missed the party about it being urgent Care