Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

19 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Who said anything about empty hospitals?

'empty' is the wrong word, but you implied that there are some hospitals out there with additional capacity. 

"let them go to a different hospital" = "let them eat cake"

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

'empty' is the wrong word, but you implied that there are some hospitals out there with additional capacity. 

I think you have the wrong idea of what that quote really means.

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

How so?

The quote is meant to be from someone who is totally ignorant and uncaring of the situation of the masses.

The midwest hasn't been hit like New York has, not anything close to it. All hospitals over the US are on high alert with different measures being taken to run out of supplies and to keep the virus from spreading where their at and all over the hospital.

He's just asked would another hospital be able to accept them that has not run out of ventilators. It's not unreasonable to assume that multiple places have them lets say if this was in KC or something like that. 

13 minutes ago, N4L said:

Not every area is swamped with the virus. I didn't know the situation in Detroit but it sounds like those are all full

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The quote is meant to be from someone who is totally ignorant and uncaring of the situation of the masses.

The midwest hasn't been hit like New York has, not anything close to it. All hospitals over the US are on high alert with different measures being taken to run out of supplies and to keep the virus from spreading where their at and all over the hospital.

He's just asked would another hospital be able to accept them that has not run out of ventilators. It's not unreasonable to assume that multiple places have them lets say if this was in KC or something like that. 

uh, detroits hospitals are at capacity.  they dont test nearly as much as nyc.  louisiana bout to blow up.  same with georgia (atlanta at capacity).  its already happening as we speak.  mississippi has no lockdown, its gonna run wild through there. 

7 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The quote is someone who is ignorant to a situation suggesting a “fix” to a situation that is completely missing that the whole issue isn’t simply the lack of bread (or that one hospital has run out of ventilators). It’s a systemic problem that can’t be fixed by simply eating less obtainable brioche or shipping loads of people to other hospitals that have also nearly hit capacity.

Yes, there’s probably a few ventilators in other hospitals that can be used. But those too are almost to capacity and soon will be from patients arriving directly from those communities. Shifting people around completely misses the point that all hospital in and around these communities are overrun. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

You are something else.... you'll bring your Carr bashing into a thread about global pandemic? Grow up peter pan. 

Lighting up the mood with some humor? It was not a shot what so ever. Zero negativity. Even the biggest Carr fans I know found it absolutely hilarious. How sensitive are you? Getting over-the-top now. Nice to see your only post in all of the entire three coronavirus threads is taking a shot at me. Keep following me around on the forum as always. Don’t know why webby let’s you keep forum-stalking me. Been taking this pandemic VERY seriously and have spoke about it in my community publicly, warned many business owners this could shut down business long before it happened, and made sure my parents got isolated way ahead of time with plenty of supplies. 

Take your high horse somewhere else. Literally. Taking your usual fake-moral ground BS as you always do, in this thread of all places, is distasteful. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, pwny said:

The quote is someone who is ignorant to a situation suggesting a “fix” to a situation that is completely missing that the whole issue isn’t simply the lack of bread (or that one hospital has run out of ventilators). It’s a systemic problem that can’t be fixed by simply eating less obtainable brioche or shipping loads of people to other hospitals that have also nearly hit capacity.

Yes, there’s probably a few ventilators in other hospitals that can be used. But those too are almost to capacity and soon will be from patients arriving directly from those communities. Shifting people around completely misses the point that all hospital in and around these communities are overrun. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it now, most hospital run 80-90% capacity most of the time. Many of these are for profit facilities that run on a budget. 

They don’t have dozens of spare vents at any time, let alone now.

They don’t have spare staff.

They don’t have unused stuff, it’s not fiscally responsible.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure if this was posted:

A 17-year-old New Orleans boy who tested positive for the novel coronavirus has died, state officials said. 

Source

Another 17 year old died because he was denied care because he didn’t have health insurance...

https://gizmodo.com/teen-who-died-of-covid-19-was-denied-treatment-because-1842520539

What a vile system. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1