Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Precisely. My wife's hospital had 16 vents for ~200 beds. She jumped up and down early last week and was able to get them to rent 10 more. All are currently in use now, and roughly 25% of the beds have have CV patients. Her unit is full, and today they are converting the PACU into a negative pressure unit to add more ICU beds.

Unrelated, but she went to her HR department last night and demanded that they start working on mental health resources for her nurses for when this is over.

Tell her thanks from the internet.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I heard it never got restocked after H1N1

I worked bedside during h1n1 and we never ran out of anything.  Wasn’t even a concern.

And this was a 6 ICU level one trauma center that ran a joint training program with the Air Force for trauma care.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't really care about the guy who tweeted it. I care more that the most important person in government walked into a hospital and shook everyone's hand during the middle of a pandemic.

I understand. I just thought you ought to know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

Heres the thing, it takes a long time on a ventilator to recover or die for this virus

basically the virus is DDoSing the hospitals around the country

Unfortunately it seems to be that once you are on the vent and a medical coma that there really is no recovery. 

3 hours ago, mistakey said:

not to mention albany, rochester, buffalo, syracuse, etc

Does not help that NYC leaders were telling their people to be out, use transit, etc. prior to things really hitting the fan. 

Also does not help that NYC has removed roughly 20k in hospital beds (and associate equipment) over the past few years. 

4 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:
10 hours ago, pwny said:

And it begins. 

Why can't they send some people to other hospitals? Or would that risk spreading it too much

This comment is basically, "let them eat cake"

Which other empty hospitals are you referring to?