Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

What have you guys been up to during the coronavirus lockdown if your business you work for is shut down?

I’m currently catching up on the shows. Caught up on Better Call Saul. Terrific show. A little less action than Breaking Bad but I feel the dialogue is even better, and the suspense picks up big time in Seasons 3-5. 

Also getting back into anime a little bit, I recommend Demon Slayer. Terrific anime. Came out last year apparently and is already #21 on animelist. It’s in English Dub if you go through the Adult Swim App or find a pirated site. Otherwise, Hulu has the Sub version. 

Besides that, my project right now is trying to turn my garage into a home gym and stay active.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

What have you guys been up to during the coronavirus lockdown if your business you work for is shut down?

I’m currently catching up on the shows. Caught up on Better Call Saul. Terrific show. A little less action than Breaking Bad but I feel the dialogue is even better, and the suspense picks up big time in Seasons 3-5. 

Also getting back into anime a little bit, I recommend Demon Slayer. Terrific anime. Came out last year apparently and is already #21 on animelist. It’s in English Dub if you go through the Adult Swim App or find a pirated site. Otherwise, Hulu has the Sub version. 

Besides that, my project right now is trying to turn my garage into a home gym and stay active.  

I’ve played a lot of Mario party on my switch with the fiancé and we are rewatching the marvel movies

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I'm a wfh guy and have been. But normally, I'm one to go out and do things and be around people during nights or weekends.

Questlove is doing DJ sets online and I've been listening to those for the 5 hours or so he's doing them nightly. We've been doing a puzzle as a means of something to completely decompress and relax, drop the heart rate and completely cut ourselves off from the constant flow of information; just like 30 minutes a day of completely blocking everything else out and focusing on the most mundane of tasks has really helped with the feeling of constantly being on edge. I bought a couple yoga mats and we've been doing a little DDP Yoga just to work off some of the balled-up energy we have as well.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So the bill just passed right now. 

$1,200 for every American (under $75,000 income) and $500 per child. 

Also, $600 a week unemployment for people who are temporarily unemployed (but technically still an employee) for 4 months. This will really help a lot of people out. 

If you gentlemen work for a business that is currently temporarily shutdown, go to your states Unemployment Website, and they should have a special version of the application for Coronavirus. 

My boss is still working through the legislation, but of his three locations, the one I run is shut down, and we believe everyone is entitled to up to 80 hours of pay, regardless of what work they've done while closed.  So some more people might be taking off from working at his other locations with these 80 hours coming into play.  We are still in a holding pattern.  

I also just heard from the mall where my location is, and they are calling all store managers and saying to plan to reopen on April 19th.  So take that for what it's worth. 

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I closed down our location on Thursday with a huge cleaning day, closing money and working on schedules for the rest of the team to work our other locations.  My boss is still scheduling normal hours for everyone (minus overtime) for anyone willing to work, so he's taking a hit but having worked with him for years, I know he can handle it and has done so in the past.  

I worked at one of the other locations Wednesday catching up on everyone, and did further cleaning at my location with a small crew yesterday and today.  Otherwise, I've been playing a lot of MLB The Show, Assassin's Creed Origins and sleeping in.  Also binge-watching The League again since we are so close to the NFL Draft.  

• Like 2