Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It ain’t good...

Even with antibodies that would limit the effects of a second infection, it would mean these individuals would still be contagious.

Long story short, if people can be reinfected and carriers that quickly, this social isolation stuff isn’t going to be over soon.

Would it really impact timeline tho given herd immunity isnt really the goal of social isolating, its to get the # of cases down? 

7 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

So interesting thought...with so many hospitals being at capacity what happens for pregnant women who go into labor if their hospital is over capacity?

Probably varies by hospital size. Where I work, the moms and babies are completely isolated from the rest of the floors so it won’t be an issue. Capacity may just mean at capacity for ICU/PCU/Gen Med beds. There can only be so many patients based on the # of nurses available and other similar factors. For instance, we’re at ~40% total capacity, but all of our beds that we would relegate Covid to are full, the rest of the floors are being converted if possible

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

So interesting thought...with so many hospitals being at capacity what happens for pregnant women who go into labor if their hospital is over capacity?

Babies are on their own floor and you have to be buzzed in.

I can't imagine they've done anything to interfere with that.

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Oh okay, didn't know that...don't have kids.

It's sad, but you've gotta worry about baby snatchers. Every baby gets an ankle monitor that will go off at the door.

That, and having their own clean floor separate from the rest of the sick people is just a good idea.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Babies are on their own floor and you have to be buzzed in.

I can't imagine they've done anything to interfere with that.

I think about the moms that are about to go into labor. I know they said that a lot of moms-to-be are considering home births vs the fear of giving birth at the hospital

1 minute ago, K9 said:

I think about the moms that are about to go into labor. I know they said that a lot of moms-to-be are considering home births vs the fear of giving birth at the hospital

I mean. Hospitals are full of germs. It's gotta be tenfold compared to your own home simply due to the traffic and the fact that sick people flood hospitals.

But the people that work at hospitals know what they're doing. They do it every day. And they're really good at it. So it's doubtful you'll die or have complications.

So...